Don't starve purchased elsewhere.

I cannot find if this has been addressed somewhere else but myself and my friends had purchased Don't starve and reign of giants on gog.com before the don't starve together release on steam. I would like to know why klei has decided to **** on everyone who purchased it outside of steam.

Currently myself and others would have to buy the game a second time at full price plus the dlc again in order to play together. We get no discount for owning the game and I'm unsure if they are even going to release (don't starve together) on gog in a timely manner.

Are we the only ones in this boat? Are we to get it at all if we didn't purchase on steam?

Hey there, 

The only people who purchased Don't Starve who were not given Steam keys were people who purchased the game on gog.com, at the request of gog.com as they do not distribute steam keys.

For that, check out our support topic: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1803621-i-bought-don-t-starve-from-gog-how-can-i-get-the-frontier-pack-discount-on-steam-

I have the same problem.

The forum stated that Steam and DRM free will get DST

Now it's only Steam.

I have 4 DRM free copies expecting for me and my friends to play. Didn't buy them from gog but from another retailer, but this should not make any difference since the game is legit. Also I don't have Steam keys for my DRM free copyies. I can live with having to bare with Steam than not playing DST at all and have 3 more copies that no one wants ... 

I have the same problem.

The forum stated that Steam and DRM free will get DST

Now it's only Steam.

I have 4 DRM free copies expecting for me and my friends to play. Didn't buy them from gog but from another retailer, but this should not make any difference since the game is legit. Also I don't have Steam keys for my DRM free copyies. I can live with having to bare with Steam than not playing DST at all and have 3 more copies that no one wants ... 

DST will be free when it's released. It's currently in beta, and therefore not free yet.

Archived