[Client Crash] - Game crashes 20-30 seconds after joining a server.

iadmin08

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash

Issue Title: Game crashes 20-30 seconds after joining a server.

Issue Description: The game always crashes 20-30 seconds after joining a server. I am playing on steam(this crashes my entire steam application as well).

I've attached the log file and a snapshot of my system specs.

I was unable to find the below file. It does not exist on my machine

Steam > SteamApps > Common > Don't Starve Together Beta > bin > .mdmp

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Start the game and join a server.

2. wait 20 seconds.

3. CRASH!

• Developer

@dirtbastard, do you have a .mdmp file on your system?  We are not sure what's going wrong with out that file.

Located here:

Steam > SteamApps > Common > Don't Starve Together Beta > bin > .mdmp

If you upload that you will be a hero :)

@iadmin08,

That's very weird that you don't have a mdmp file after this crash.  I wonder if your system is not giving our application right to write to disk?  Try running the game in "Admin Mode".  To do this located the games .exe file

Steam > SteamApps > Common > Don't Starve Together Beta > bin > DontStarve_Steam.exe 

Right click,  run as administrator

Please let me know if that helps.

@dirtbastard, @iadmin08, Hey bois! I believe had this issue suddenly after having played hours of DST no worries, a while ago. If you're lucky, this is your fix too :)

Do you actually crash if you leave the game running just sitting in the main menu for a few minutes too? I did, and it turned out I needed to reinstall the redists for some reason XD

Process I used was:

1. Close Steam

2. Open up your DST folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta, or similar)

3. Install dxsetup.exe from the DXRedist folder

4. Install vcredist_x86.exe from the VCRedist folder

5. Reboot the beast

Best of luck, chaps! <3

I had this problem twice already, first time for some reason unininstalling and reinstalling the service and protocols on my network driver fixed it. Second time i did what was mentioned above as i know from many other games the redistributables crap out very easily for some reason.

Archived