Modding Help! New Chester!

Hello!
I love DontStarve and DST especially, so I've tried to produce a few mods for it. I finished a character mod, but they were completely featureless (didn't even grow magnificent beard!) So I was wondering if it was possible to create a non-replacing mod for chester.

Essentially, I just want to reskin Chester and include him in my Character mod (with the Eyebone as a starting item)WITHOUT replaing the currently existing chester - unless this is not possible/more complicated etc. - and have it be compatible with DST.

Any help or tips on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated!

Sadly, I haven't been able to find a mod that does something similar so that I could just copy in the files, replace the names and textures and just be done. If you know of one that is similar to or may help my cause please link here!

I have a bit of LUA experience and I know my way around the DST files/LUA in general, but not enough to completely write something like this from scratch.a

Thank you so much for your assistance!

@NeonJello, if you are wanting to reskin chester you should look at how Klei reskinned him.

If you're wanting to create a new chester type character completely you simply need to duplicate the current chester code, replacing any reference to chester with your new creatures name.

@Kzisor Sorry, didn't tag you correctly. Again, where would I find how Klei reskinned Chester, and how do I pack that into a mod?

Simply look under scripts/prefabs at chester.lua and chester_eyebone.lua.

You can find out how to pack it into a mod by looking at the many tutorials on how to create mods.