...I LEFT IT ON THE ELEVATOR!

Today a very dumb thing happened. I decided I was experienced enough to play a "hardcore" run: normal difficulty (it's harder than the normal you are used to let me tell yo') ironman mode (no rewind, 'cause real operators never retreat!) and as an extra difficulty I was going to use the archive versions of my favorite agents, deckard and internationale (which btw, isn't my comfort zone, despite the fact I use their on file versions, pretty much all the time, I feel uncomfortable with their archive versions).

Everything went fine, finally I was adjusting to the normal difficulty but then on day 2, I get everything done (maybe not in the best way) before leaving I dropped internationale's custom server and wait for the next turn to get my alarm increase bonus PWR. Two guards spot me in the next turn but luckily I have all my agents already on the elevator, plus the space internationale's server occupies.

Without thinking twice I click that escape button and finish the mission. While I was checking my inventory I realize the terrible mistake I just did... where's internationale's custom server... OH, SH*T, I LEFT IT ON THE ELEVATOR.

I kinda get what happened from a gameplay point of view, but from a realistic point of view: you are telling me that among the best spies around, if not the best, / cyborgs / inhumanely-smart-password-cracking geniouses couldn't pick up a unique (and thus ,by logic, INSANELY expensive piece of equipment) portable server, before leaving in their helicopter, even thought it was right FREAKING BESIDE THEM!?!? 

what is worse there wasn't only one agent beside the server but TWO! Both of them got so awfully distracted by the incredible amount of chunks of metal implanted in their brains as to not remember something so important?!?!?!?

Now, in my dumbness I just made things harder for myself, since I just lost the only special ability archive internationale offers and won't be able to get it back in any way. I'm sure I can't be the only one to whom this has happened.

I don't mean to blame the developers of my silly carelessness, of course, but I do recommend they add warnings before leaving a level without items that can be recovered or at least if the server is on the elevator add it to the agent with a free space or to the central storage. That would make carrying servers less of a "better not forget this" situation.

Not to mention, you can hide agents behind covers, but even if you deploy a server behind a covered hidden area, the guards somehow spot it and go into overwatch, which is really annoying (maybe I should have posted that on the bug tracker... whoops)

I hope this self complain was funny for you guys to read,  useful for the developers, and I hope you guys will post if you agree or not with me and why.

I like to play with the new archive banks and archive Internationale combo. And I forgot the server around 5 times on day 1... Not to mention how many times I had to run back to get the server again because I hid it in a corner otherwise a guard would destroy it.

Maybe servers should have brighter lights coming from them so you can them more easily.

Haha, oh no! 

It definitely seems like a good idea to me to warn you if you're escaping with the final agent and an recoverable object is still on the level.

While you're at it, "The rich guy you saved is totally going to steal that neural distruptor you gave him to defend himself with" would be nice as well :-)

When I was in a similar situation, I did remember to pick up the server. What I didn't know was if I would get the server before I went unconscious (as the guard had her in his sights). The server was removed from the screen so I thought I had it. Alas, she must have fallen on it and broken it as it was not with us when we Internationale was revived.

Despite that, I did finish the game successfully (my only Normal difficulty completion of Story Mode).

Never trust rich guys dude, just saying...

That's why all the rich guy gets from me are pass cards. He can help me open doors and that's it.

All that said, rich guy was pretty heroic once, when one of my agents got shot and the other was at gunpoint. I had him go steal Internationale's gun and shoot the guard.

Archived