Only Winter World in RoG

Hi, I'm playing an only-winter game in RoG and seems I'll have a big trouble running out of grass. When I started I thought grass and berries would still regrow in caves even though it's winter, at least when a cycle of winter ends... but seems that I'm wrong.

I know that in the Vanilla mode you can easily set to "Only Winter" and grass seems to regrow underground, but is there a way to set an only winter game in RoG just like the Vanilla ? I mean so we can still farm grass and berries down in the Caves and be a playable game ?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure actually.  

However, In King of Winter adventure mode, I believe grass would respawn over time.  As for berries, substituting ice as filler in crock pot recipes should work.  

If they both end up not respawning, I would suggest using those resources very carefully.  You'd be surprised how long you can last in one world without them coming back.  While inconvenient, you can survive without berries by getting creative with other types of food you may not have ate in the past.

Limiting your resources is a great way to find uses for other things you never really used in the past.  For example, I never built a birdcage for a long time until I had a world where there was an abundance of monster meat that needed to be converted to eggs.

Good luck and let me know what happens.

I'm not sure actually.  

However, In King of Winter adventure mode, I believe grass would respawn over time.  As for berries, substituting ice as filler in crock pot recipes should work.  

If they both end up not respawning, I would suggest using those resources very carefully.  You'd be surprised how long you can last in one world without them coming back.  While inconvenient, you can survive without berries by getting creative with other types of food you may not have ate in the past.

Limiting your resources is a great way to find uses for other things you never really used in the past.  For example, I never built a birdcage for a long time until I had a world where there was an abundance of monster meat that needed to be converted to eggs.

Good luck and let me know what happens.

o.o

Thank you, sir ! I really didn't know you can use ice as a filler for meatballs *heavy breathing*

Well, I will try to be careful and use wisely my grass stock. I'm still at day 57, and knowing that I can use ice as a filler really helps me.

But if, eventually, I survive until the grass in the world is over (hardly think so... but assuming that), I'll just jump into another world via teleportato, I won't have a fancy world with many days lived, but at least I can say I didn't die either ^^

You're welcome.  Hopefully, that helps you out in your world!

Personally, I find ice to be a great resource because it can be stored in a icebox and never melt (which means one less food I have to worry about spoiling).  Due to this, I typically gather as much as possible (an entire icebox worth) so that I can use it throughout the year instead of needing to make and manage a berry bush farm.  

Archived