Suggestion: In-Game Pausing

Hello,

Sometimes we need to take a five minute break, go to the bathroom, clean up a spilled mug, etc.

Since 1 or 2 minutes AFK can result in death in this type of game, and people cannot always play without any interruptions, perhaps an in-game pausing feature is needed?

The idea I have is to give any player, not just the host, the option to request a global pause, whereupon all other players can vote yes or no. Once everyone votes yes within 10-25 sec, the game world will be paused.

By default the game will unpause after 5 minutes, unless voters agree to just wait for the requester to unpause.

Thank you.

I've been realizing that people are trying to make servers with much larger populations, so with that pause will painful especially with PvP. This feature is great with singleplayer, but terrible for multiplayer.

I feel like pause would have been nice addition. Maybe add it as an option to enable/disable it, so you can disable it depending on server type. Also you could have a vote if all players want to pause.

I think a good way to implement a pause mode or afk mode they would have to make it so you have to type in the chat /afk and then wait one minute and after the minute has passed you would become invincible until you moved, or attacked anything, etc.

Archived