Multiplayer would be too difficult to code?

Skippy

I think I'm going to avoid debating with those who don't even know the game. FYI, most of Don't Starve is written in Lua, and compiled to bytecode.

Here's a suggestion, un-compile Don't Starve's Lua bytecode. Build a network module for Lua. Write it yourself.

Except it doesn't work that way, a lot can be done by the lua code alone, but it's limited to what bindings are towards the host program. He can't just "write" network out of the blue you know, it needs to be somewhat implemented into the core engine as well.

Guest Dandytard

The one thing I don't understand is that whenever Multiplayer is mentioned in ANY thread, Fights are involved. Can't you people talk normally without bashing facts and statements in each others faces? I mean, Be civilized! *smokes a pipe*

I'm arrogant in a way that I'm clearly better educated than at-least you.

I doubt that, beside you have no clue what my education level is nor what kind of applications lies in my portfolio, I suggest you stop presuming so much and deal with facts instead of your imagination.

@Luna

Not reading that massive wall of ignorant text after the first paragraph.

Hahaha. I would know better than most what went on with Terraria, I am part of the moderation group for the official forums. If you're going to take this stance of not reading counterpoints to your argument, then I think most basically you've demonstrated that you're really just here to either senselessly insult the developers, or to troll. If it's the first, I'd ask you to perhaps reconsider your position and trust the expertise of those who HAVE done things slightly larger than you. If it's the latter, it doesn't matter much, I think you've demonstrated to everyone that you are incapable of civil discussion.

Allright, this is turning into one big fight which is not getting anybody anywhere, so it is on the verge of being closed. Multiplayer discussion is fine Skippy, but coming here and stating why the devs are lazy for not adding is not okay. You can state what you would like to see in multiplayer or how you imagine it and all that, but that is not the case here.

I stand completedly on your side Luna.

@Skippy: If you can't read what others respond in it's full content, I also doubt you participated in any sort of programming that involved more than one person.

Edited by Trollgaard
Can't spell apparently

Guest Dandytard

Before the thread is closed, I wish that the last post is mine.

Jelly-filled cupcakes made in the southeast wastelands of africa are the best. They consist of scorpion stingers and snake tongues, With a red jelly added into the mix for the maximum delicousness. That is all.