Question about purchasing the mega pack.

So, I already have DTC from a gift copy of a friend, now I want to purchase the mega pack because it's on sale, and so I can gift the gift copy for DTC to another friend. But in the purchase screen, it says I will not receive extra copies of DTC because I already own the game, will I still get the gift copy? Thanks

I noticed I typed DTC instead of DST lol. 
@rezecib, how will it separate out the components? and just to make sure, you are saying that I will get just one gift copy? This is what the purchase page says: "
You already own the following items in "Don't Starve MEGA PACK". You will not receive extra copies of these items when you complete this purchase:

Don't Starve Together"

This is what confuses me, it says I will not get DST, but will I get the gift copy?

@19829984, I believe you should still get the gift copy. You can also try purchasing the mega pack as a gift-- I'm not sure if it separates out the components, but in the worst case you can just give it to yourself (and it'd be equivalent to buying it normally), I think. 

I noticed I typed DTC instead of DST lol. 

@rezecib, how will it separate out the components? and just to make sure, you are saying that I will get just one gift copy? This is what the purchase page says: "You already own the following items in "Don't Starve MEGA PACK". You will not receive extra copies of these items when you complete this purchase:

Don't Starve Together"

This is what confuses me, it says I will not get DST, but will I get the gift copy?

Sorry that I'm reposting, I was trying to mention you so that it will pop up in your notifications but it didn't seem to work, still new to the forums so I have no idea how to edit posts and stuff.

That's correct. I'm guessing the way Steam sees it is that the Mega Pack contains these things:

1. Don't Starve
  2. Don't Starve: Reign of Giants
  3. Don't Starve Together Beta
  4. Giftable Don't Starve Together Beta

Since you already have #3, you won't get #3, but you'll still get #4. What I was saying is that if you do "purchase as a gift", it might just dump all of those in your inventory as giftables, or it might dump it in as one giftable, which gives all of those things to the person that opens it.

Edit: The easier way to mention/quote is selecting the text in their post-- after that buttons show up in a little hover-thingy.

Edit: AveWarren confirmed buying it as a gift makes it show up as one item in your inventory.

Need help!. One of my copy in DST is missing in my inventory!!. I need to know why :(. ASAP THANKS!!

So you've got one copy?

I think if you buy it already owning DST you only get one copy.

As others have suggested you may be able to buy as a gift and get around that, not sure.

So you've got one copy?

I think if you buy it already owning DST you only get one copy.

As others have suggested you may be able to buy as a gift and get around that, not sure.

Before i got 2 copies. I send one copy for my friend. then i got the other copy in my inventory (giftable), then last night i check my steam inventory and its gone.

I almost kept that copy in my inventory for two weeks. Don't know what happen :(.

Before i got 2 copies. I send one copy for my friend. then i got the other copy in my inventory (giftable), then last night i check my steam inventory and its gone.

I almost kept that copy in my inventory for two weeks. Don't know what happen :(.

You should only get one giftable copy as far as I'm aware, it may have stayed in your inventory until your friend activated it.

@GamingFreak, In your inventory (you can get to it by clicking on the envelope in the upper-right, then clicking "x new items in your inventory"). Click on it, then there should be a "send gift" button on the right.

I was noticing that the inventory was glitching a bit on brand-new Steam accounts (just made one for my boyfriend)-- it kept showing up as empty. So you might have to poke around Steam a bit to get it to show it properly.

Archived