Trouble finding Ewe

I'm on day 56 now, and I haven't found a Ewecus yet. Do you find them through suspicious dirt piles, or some other way (no spoilers, please)? I've hunted down about a dozen koalaphants so far, unless that's not how you find them.

Nope. Let me do some quick wiki research here...

The Ewecus has a 50% chance to spawn at the end of a series of suspicious dirt piles instead of a Varg. It utilizes the same increased chance of spawning as a Varg does, starting off at a relatively low 5% on Day 1 and gradually increasing to 33% by Day 100 (both of these values will be halved for finding either the Ewecus or Varg specifically). This makes hunting for the Koalefant alone more risky due to the nature of its attacks, encouraging players to work together. 

It's very rare, but increases as you can see from the wiki article. The Varg page says the same but doesn't say anything about the Ewecus since it details over it in RoG rather than DST.

Yes, the ewecus IS found by using the koalafant tracks. However I wouldn't get so worried about it not showing, the ewecus is a very dangerous creature, so always hunt with a friend or you CAN and WILL die if you try to engage in combat with it. The chance for the Varg and Ewecus is 1-10%. And which was stated that the chances for them will increase. However the Ewecus is less frequent as the varg, make sure you are always with someone. Happy Hunting! :)

Archived