Body temperature indicator

There are 3 indicators now: hunger, health and sanity. But when you travel in winter or will be in summer when RoG will come on DST, would it be useful to have body temperature too? I know that there is ice effect on screen, but with this indicator you can better understand when you to come back to fire to warm as you know that you need something to eat. I don't think that it would break the game somehow, but body temp is very abstractive now. Thanks.

post-529177-0-37125800-1419602565_thumb.

I haven't played single player game so I don't know much about it'd modes.) And I'm not very fond of using mods in game that is still in closed beta and has a patch every week, cuz couple times game crashed and restarted the world when I had a language mod. But I hope they will add it, cuz I think nothing wrong with this, It's normal to control your body temp, and I saw on some streams that it used to be only 2 indicators from the start of the game with no sanity.

I haven't played single player game so I don't know much about it'd modes.) And I'm not very fond of using mods in game that is still in closed beta and has a patch every week, cuz couple times game crashed and restarted the world when I had a language mod. But I hope they will add it, cuz I think nothing wrong with this, It's normal to control your body temp, and I saw on some streams that it used to be only 2 indicators from the start of the game with no sanity.

Why is this necessary in DST when it's not necessary in DS? The devs don't believe it's necessary for single player, and I agree. With more experience, you can have a good idea how long you can go without a fire. The indicators are convenient, but not necessary.

The devs are unlikely to add something to DST unless it's DST specific.

Edit: Your picture is very old. I never played single player without a sanity meter, so it's an old version.

I know that this is old, it  is DS beta, I mean there was no sanity from start the in appeared, so why can't it be no temperature and then appear. :-) Skilled players also can remember how much does food replenish an eat each exact period of time, but we have a indicator for this, why? Cuz this is convenient. Body temp is the same index of character's state as hunger, sanity and HP. You can play without any of them, you can understand that you have low sanity by seing nightmares, low health by hearing heartbeat, low hunger by behaviour of the character when it rubs stomack, bet we have those indicators, so why must we understant that the character soon gets cold by ice animation on the screen? It's unfair.

attachicon.gifsteamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_354982830_preview.png

I hope developers at least consider about adding it.  :-) BTW there is emmm wetness indicator in RoG, so we need more of em in DST too! :-)

becuse wetness in RoG is a mechanic in which we need to know the value, much like health, hunger and sanity, but unlike naughtiness, heat or coldness. It'll be in DST when there's propper wetness in DST.

Edit: And not trying to be rude, but at least try to do some research before talking about singleplayer and trying to compare it to DST.

Emmm I don't aggro on normal advices. :-) And I did researched it and think that temperature is as needed value as all else. And I agree that naughtiness must not be shown to player. I guess if the wetness won't be shown in RoG you will try to prove that it is not necessary to be shown as well. :-) But I got your opinion and arguments, I hope you got mine, last word will be said by developers... someday... I hope... :-)

I will admit, I have some mixed feelings about the idea of a body temperature indicator.

On one side, I don't believe its needed, If there is snow on the ground its obviously cold outside, If you stood outside in the rain in spring, then decided to run around for a bit, you'll get cold.

On the other hand, I do like the idea when it comes to heat only because its a lot less noticeable, and the items needed to lower your body temperature are a bit more expensive to make, that being said, heat isn't really a factor in DST as of right now, due to the lack of a lot of RoG content.

Now, we do have the Thermal Measurer which is a non mobile way of checking the temperature, a lower temperature will always signify a drop in body temperature, so I really do think adding a body temperature indicator is needed

I don't really like the idea of an in-game GUI indicator, but I think a craftable thermometer would be a nice compromise!

It would take up valuable inventory space and only give general measurements like the thulecite medallion, but it would satisfy people like Drakmor and be pretty easy to mod (output certain lines for certain body temperature ranges). Heck, you could probably just copy a bunch of code from the nightmare_timepiece prefabs and replace magic levels with body temperature.

Archived