Pine Cones

When you cut a tree it drops some Pine Cones. Can you make those Pine Cones grow into a new tree if left on the ground for some time? I really don't pick them at all. It would be cool if they also grow in a tree when left on the ground for some time, without me planting them. It will give me some choice, i can gather them and plant, or leave them on the ground in random spots after cutting a tree, and still get some trees from them. Also it would keep my my clean.

Edited by _Q_

Unfortunately, due to a player exploit known as the "tree wall" (planting trees close enough together so they create a barrier that blocks pathfinding) the Devs changed how planting pine cones works. Now you can only plant them within a certain distance of each other. Because pine cones fall down close to each other after you chop down a tree this would and break the new "rule". Players could exploit this by placing pine cones in a row and waiting for them to grow into a new "tree wall". So yeah, I'm afraid this won't be possible unless the Devs allow trees to be planted close to each other again.

Unfortunately, due to a player exploit known as the "tree wall" (planting trees close enough together so they create a barrier that blocks pathfinding) the Devs changed how planting pine cones works. Now you can only plant them within a certain distance of each other. Because pine cones fall down close to each other after you chop down a tree this would and break the new "rule". Players could exploit this by placing pine cones in a row and waiting for them to grow into a new "tree wall". So yeah, I'm afraid this won't be possible unless the Devs allow trees to be planted close to each other again.

You bring up a good point. Maybe it could work on a "first grow first serve" basis? If there's a tree too close to the grounded pinecones then they won't grow until the entire tree is gone. Just an extra thought, I'm not sure how this would change the Dev codings, assuming they allow this.