Creepy music occurrence...

So... this may or may not sound like total bull. I wish I had evidence to back it up, but all I have is the memory.

Anyway, a week ago, I was playing DST with a friend I had just sent a copy to a day before. I know that music hasn't been properly implemented yet, so I expected nothing to play during their usual bits. Why is properly bold? Well, at one point, surprisingly, I heard the music that normally sounds when morning comes. BUT, it was echoey, had a descending, "wavy" sounding pitch, and it gradually slowed down as the music progressed. It scared the crap out of me. Friend I was playing with said he heard nothing when I asked if he did. Hasn't happened since.

Has anyone else had this happen while they were playing? Is this the game bugging out ( it would make a lot of sense if it was.)? Or am I just going insane?

Oh, well, apparently, the music that plays during the day to night transition is affected with sanity loss at levels lower than 15... I didn't know that... My bad. Still odd though, considering that music doesn't currently work in DST.

Music doesn't work for 2 reasons.

1.) Klei hasn't put it in (except for the title screen music)

2.) All sounds play for all players (except certain ones, but generally all of them do).

Hopefully Klei will put them in sometime between now and the full release.

I wonder if someone will make a mod that puts in the music...

If you hear this music, someone on your server is probably about to get mauled by sanity monsters. A pretty neat alert! It's totally creepy especially when you aren't expecting it at all.

...especially when you aren't prepared to deal with sanity monsters aaaaaaa

Archived