Need a little Help

Willowson

Alright I have absolutely no clue what I'v done but it must be bad. 

I've been trying to make my avatar's mod as a character and for a while it was going good. Dryicefox even helped me at least get the mod to activate. However after fiddling with it for almost an hour now it refuses to work again and now the game crashes without a single trace of a crash report. 

I really could use some help here guys and maybe tell me what tex files i've screwed up or something. I'm sorry I can really add some direction to go in but I've included a link to the mod download. 

Please and thank you for any advice.

willowson.zip

I fixed your issues with your character. these were your start inventory being placed wrong. i placed your modicon stuff into images. i also found a crash error with your selectscreen_portrait/willowson_silho.xml which it was still named wodb.tex inside. so now your character launches up just fine with a full inventory. but you still dont have a map icon made. plus you missed a part in your modinfo.lua. this was 

reign_of_giants_compatible = false

so now it lists that it isnt compatible with RoG. if you want to change this, you can change it to true. its next to the dontstarve compatible listed in your modinfo. here is your file. glad i could help :D

willowson_repaired.zip

I fixed your issues with your character. these were your start inventory being placed wrong. i placed your modicon stuff into images. i also found a crash error with your selectscreen_portrait/willowson_silho.xml which it was still named wodb.tex inside. so now your character launches up just fine with a full inventory. but you still dont have a map icon made. plus you missed a part in your modinfo.lua. this was

reign_of_giants_compatible = false
so now it lists that it isnt compatible with RoG. if you want to change this, you can change it to true. its next to the dontstarve compatible listed in your modinfo. here is your file. glad i could help :D

Ah why didnt I realize this earlier. Thank you so much. I downloaded it and yes that seems to have fixed things right up. Your a genius! Im sure I can finish up the rest now. Thank you.

before I leave this topic however you wouldn't happen to know how to import special character traits into a mod? In specific willows ability to randomly cause fires would you?

search up willow in the dontstarve/data/scripts/prefab folder. look around for sanity arguments. it should be something there. otherwise it should at least be in that file. i wont just give it to you but theres a hint :D it shouldnt be too hard to figure out. you also need to learn how to read the game log. if you figure that out, most of the time you can solve the problem without help. but sometimes help is very needed.

search up willow in the dontstarve/data/scripts/prefab folder. look around for sanity arguments. it should be something there. otherwise it should at least be in that file. i wont just give it to you but theres a hint :D it shouldnt be too hard to figure out. you also need to learn how to read the game log. if you figure that out, most of the time you can solve the problem without help. but sometimes help is very needed.

Hmm I see. I figured it would be in there. I'll be sure to give it a quick look, I'll probably find some goodies in there, plus I need the coding practice :v again thank you for your time.

np. btw, if you ever get any experience with making custom .fsb files for your characters, maybe you could assist me sometime. im currently having issues with this and other than that, my character is complete :grin:

I'll be sure to keep on the lookout if i can figure out anything. It would be an honor to help when I can. UvU

Archived