[Tutorial] Using Extended Sample Character Template

Dragon Wolf Leo

4 hours ago, Quikkby said:

I'm having the same problem, I tried this and no luck, but this might fix it
hopefully someone can help us

edit:
 ok I found out how to fix it, search .lua or .xml and select EVERYTHING and open it in the note editor, then ctrl + f. go to replace and put esctemplate/ESCTEMPLATE on first then yourchar/YOURCHAR, make sure its corresponding to the right caps, then press replace all open docs, which should be under replace all

the only problem is, i think the anims are broken and it shows as a blank char, either because of the renamed files,, but ill find out

You should have done that from the start, I already did it first thing on the mod and it still will show me that error... What's so weird is that this mod will only work if you don't edit anything at all.

hello! i'm currently using the template, and i have consistently gotten this error after about a day or so of trying to troubleshoot it.

[00:01:08]: Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_spamton

i can't troubleshoot within the game itself because it's causing the dedicated server to boot me out, and i don't really know what the error actually means because i'm very new to coding.

if i could get some help, that'd be great! hopefully, it's an easy fix.

Hey I have a few questions about specific sprites, names face-12, and face-14 through face-32. Also, hand-15.

Could anyone tell me what those are for?

Edit: Someone told me what these are for: 12, 14, 23, 31 | I think I know what 17, 18 (Sleeping?), 21 (Attacking?), and 32 (Enlightened?) are for, but help plz.

Edited by ScrewdriverLad
Additional info

On 12/18/2014 at 10:31 AM, Dragon Wolf Leo said:

When I try to enable the mod, it crashes the game. The crash screen says the problem is with "examplefloatableitem". Is there some way to get rid of all "examlefloatableitem" files?

I managed to remove  the "examplefloatableitem" files I had problems with somehow, but now the game crashes because it can't find a file called "speech_esctemplate" even though it's right there.

Hi gues!!! Can someone help with the problem? I'm trying to create texture for my sword. I've got inventory texture but I don't have sword.zip and swap_sword.zip in anim folder. Is someone know how I can transfer scml file into zip file without scml.exe. Or just send me link where I can download scml.exe. I appreciate any help!!!

Edited by Sherife1

Hi, I really could use some help.

Every time I I try to run/ test it out in Don't Starve Together in game, I get this error code.

I don't know how to fix it, nor what might have caused it.

Edit: Starting with a new character and coping and pasting everything seemed to fix.

Error Log.jpg

Edited by TimberIsTrash
problem solved
  • Wavey 1

This mod is very easy to use and I really like it, although I'm having a bit of a problem.

Every time I load my edited mod, it says "Dedicated server failed to load" even though I didn't create a dedicated server. It's only my mod that doesn't work since the sample goes through like it should. I showed my friend my code and he couldn't find what was wrong. Do you know if there's anything I could've added or code I've missed that makes the mod automatically assume it's going into a dedicated server? I'm using DST.

I wanted a personal character for my first time playing don't starve with friends my don't starve together auto compiler says "This app cannot be used on your pc" when I then ran my command prompt as administrator it still said "access is denied" I am attaching my character folder if anyone would like to take a look.

Calub.zip

On 6/22/2023 at 8:06 PM, Beff said:

how do i fix could not find asset matching anim/ghost_nonex_zip

Hi Beff, would you mind sending me the crash logs and mod files? I will look into it and see what's happening:angel: