Unlocking characters

Are you sure? Then why do I only have Wilson on my alt account?

Could it be because I haven't actually created the Klei account thing yet?

I didn't know you were actually serious. Anyway, I have no idea why.

All characters are unlocked from the start, as far as I know.

I didn't know you were actually serious. Anyway, I have no idea why.

All characters are unlocked from the start, as far as I know.

I think it's probably related to me not having created the Klei account with it yet. The devs mentioned they'd add the RoG characters only for people who own RoG, and since the singleplayer Don't Starve is a different application, with its own code and savedata trees, I'm guessing they plan on checking if you own RoG via the Steam API (checking if it's in your game library). In preparation for that, the regular character unlock mechanism is probably also interlocked with some manner of server authentication (and allowing extra characters might well rely on you owning Don't Starve as well).

Though I should really stop theorycrafting and check the code already.

EDIT:

Does your alt account have the original Don't Starve? I think if you own DS, you get more characters in DST.

No, it doesn't. It only has one game, DST. I gifted my 2nd key to myself for mod development, since I can't really test multiplayer mods without, well, multiplayer, and doing that non-locally (i.e. with someone else) would be unwieldly, since on each code tweak the mod code would need to be synced between the two parties (not to mention restarting the game on both ends, putting the server back up and rejoining).

I think Klei made it so that all the characters you have unlocked are transfered to DST.

But I'm confused about this because one of my friends who doesn't even own DS has all the characters too.

Every charecter that's been released for don't starve together is unlocked so far there's no correlation between single player and multiplayer

Archived