Question on Buster Chips, Ingognita and Daemons

All of the following are true:

1) A Buster Chip can knock off X levels of firewall.

2) Incognita Programs of various ilks can knock off X levels of firewall

3) When a firewall with a DAEMON program attached is taken to zero, the DAEMON activates.

Ok, that's all fine.

But the following seem off to me:

1) Buster Chips can work even if Incognita programs are offline (due to a DAEMON or lack of POWER)

2) Buster Chips still activate the the attached DAEMONS

#1 above is ok.  I'm glad that Buster chips provide an alternative to only and always using Lockpick/Lockpick 2.0, Dagger, Hammer, etc .

But #2 is iffy to me.  Should Buster chips bypass or disable the DAEMONs?

You've found it iffy for game balance or for logic/description?

I mean, do you think buster chip is underpowered and should be buffed? or do you think that it is illogical? If the second, device, even if it manually broken, transferred under the control of Incognita and upload activated daemon with connection.

Buster chip like an additional tool of hacking, which can break firewalls and allow connection, but does not have its own interface or capabilities for device management.

Hmm, but if there was one, imagine: you hack generator or turret or something else, and it become switchable only for agent with chip, while he stay close. Chip can be overloaded by Daemons, maybe until the mission's end. Probably with lesser cooldown. Hmmm, maybe something like that can be new character augment: guy who just makes devices uncontrollable for both sides, maybe dangerous for both sides, but not when that agent manually connected (No, bad idea: camera-drones will create congestion and stupidity, Akuma will create cheat massacre etc)

Daemons, because they are hidden effects and random, are the most "difficult" thing we have to deal with as Controllers.

To find out what they are costs POWER.  To disable them (without knowing what they were) costs POWER.  To ram them off to another node costs POWER.  We're limited to 20 maximum POWER have very few ways to reliably generate POWER over the course of a mission, and have no effective way to increase that upper limit.

If the purpose of a buster chip is to effectively save POWER overall, especially on later days (such as in endless mode), then that's fine.  However, when you start getting so many devices with DAEMONS on them, you start to wish there was a physical way of handling them.

I just saw an Abacus 1.0 recently (+5) and passed on it, because it wasn't enough to justify the loss of the slot.  +10 might be worthwhile if I swapped in Hammer or something.

5 slots on Incognita is turning out to be a really big limitation.

I just saw an Abacus 1.0 recently (+5) and passed on it, because it wasn't enough to justify the loss of the slot.  +10 might be worthwhile if I swapped in Hammer or something.

5 slots on Incognita is turning out to be a really big limitation.

With my runs i'm always either maxing the 5 available slots, or getting MAYBE a 3rd program (given the 2 we start with). The reason for this is that I often either spend my credits on the skill ranks and items like Buster Chips or Portable Servers as my way to keep up with the increased power needed, OR I find a server farm and spend the credits to make the power I have more efficient. A mix of both has proven to be really nice in that I feel more flexible.

You should consider trying to obtain methods of accumulating more power through the level in addition to making your power very efficient, which programs tend to do. Good luck in future runs! Loving this game so far.

Archived