Custom Character Troubleshooting/ Special Characteristics Help.

I need help with working on making the mapicon, and modicon to work for my custom character. i had to restart on most of the scripting, and i might be able to fix this later on. What i need help with at the moment is some useful characteristics. Can someone find the default prefabs for the dont starve playable characters for me? And possibly suggest anything that could be useful for any assortment of character special abilities.

I'm not that good of a scripter myself, but if you want to find the prefab files for all of the characters...

If you're running Windows, go into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve" and then go up to your search box in the upper right. In that box, type the name of a character and you should get their prefab files for Vanilla and RoG. Simple as that.

my renamon mod has a setup for the minimap icon, use the don't starve texture tool to make an atlas of the icon you are planning on using, the size MATTERS big time, you can decompile most of the scripting using *prefered* notepad++ or any old notepad.

the key is getting the game to know where that atlas is located and how it can use it and where.

Archived