No way to logout?

Hello,

I received 2 beta keys and gave one to a friend. We installed the game using steam. Now I want to logout from my Don't Starve account so my friend can login. Even if I log out from my Steam account and login to his, Don't Starve remembers my Klei account and I see no option to LogOut.

Not sure if it's a bug, or there is a log out button that is not very visible so I posted it here.

Thank you for any help

This might have to do with your files vs. his files. Like you'd have your saves and not his? I don't think steam cloud is enabled at the moment either? So, it won't do that stuff for you.

Something like this:

I think that information is saved in the save/client and save/server folders. Since Steam Cloud is currently not enabled it won't automatically transfer them when you switch computers.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/45158-general-bug-with-map-file-transfer/?hl=cloud#entry576871

I'm sure someone with a more experienced answer will come along soon. lol

• Developer

The account is tied to the Steam account you are logged into.

At the moment, the world save files are shared on the machine.  So you can resume the games your friend made,  but you will get a new character/inventory.

This will be fixed when we finally smooth out the issue with Steam Cloud.

Thank you for your answers everyone! The Settings from my account were carried over to the next, so the default server name was "Account A's world" that's why I was confused. I copied the files and enabled steam cloud, so everything is smooth now =)

Archived