[Crash] - Hacked turret shoots drone, total crash.

Bug Submission:

Category: Crash

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Hacked turret shoots drone, total crash.

Issue Description: Hello there.

I hacked a turret, and then moved a hacked camera drone into its overwatch radius, with the hope of the turret taking out the drone upon it reactivating.

Drone reactivated, turret detected it. Next move, the turret fired on the drone, and then the game crashed back to steam. Upon rebooting the game, my save game was gone.

This happened in story mode, normal difficulty.

Steps to Reproduce: This is one I can try to reproduce myself pretty easily. I'm going to take a look at hacking various drones and setting them up within the kill radius of hacked turrets. I should be able to quickly identify if the crash was random, or whether specific droids will cause this crash.

Of course, anyone extra available would expedite the process.

Coincidentally I did the exact same thing in my recent game. Hacked a Turret to shoot an annoying Camera Drone in Normal Story mode. My game did not crash however and continued as normal. Sins your savegame is gone it most likely won't happen again. At least in my experience. I always delete my savegame after an update.

Coincidentally I did the exact same thing in my recent game. Hacked a Turret to shoot an annoying Camera Drone in Normal Story mode. My game did not crash however and continued as normal. Sins your savegame is gone it most likely won't happen again. At least in my experience. I always delete my savegame after an update.

Me too. This was actually a new game started after the update. Glad to hear that it's not a recurring thing though!

This actually happened to me 3 times in a single stage.  I took over 3 turrets with overlapping vision fields.  After the first guard was shot, more came running to the noise.  The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th guard kills all caused the game to crash, but I was able to reload each time successfully.  Was Very annoying. 

It seems the turret crash bug and the deleted saves bug are two different bugs, and both hit you at the same time.  :/

At least it sounds like they have found and are fixing the deleted saves bug.

I got this as well.

I started a new normal story mode after the latest update. Hacked a camera drone and when it came online again after its KO period, a hacked turret shot it with an instant CTD. Upon relaunch of the client, I could see all savegames and all progress have been wiped. Came to the forum and found out other players also experienced a wipe.

I tried to start a new normal story mode run (from complete scratch), but had another CTD in mission number 2.

Edit: typo

Archived