Guards walk through lasers?

Hacked or unhacked does not matter.

why not? nonhacked beams and walls turns off when guard goes through them (and you can pass through if you drag guard), same works for agents with hacked beams and walls 
so if guard can pass through hacked laser beams it's bug, but if laser panel wasn't hacked it was intended behavior

why not? nonhacked beams and walls turns off when guard goes through them (and you can pass through if you drag guard), same works for agents with hacked beams and walls 
so if guard can pass through hacked laser beams it's bug, but if laser panel wasn't hacked it was intended behavior

I get the point. What I meant was: it currently does not matter whether lasers are hacked or not, they walk through them either way.

Whether this is a bug, idk, but when not correctly addressed in the code, trapping guards behind a laser desperately trying to get out can cause some serious lag and/or game crashes. Though I have noticed that patrolling guards eventually go stationary during repeated pathing problems. Happens very rarely, though.

I get the point. What I meant was: it currently does not matter whether lasers are hacked or not, they walk through them either way.

That sounds like a specific, nonrepeatable bug. I use as a tactic all the time hacking a knockout beam and then leaving it on. Guards tend to run back and forth through the beam KOing themselves for a turn at a time. You can tie up all the hunting guards on the whole level that way. I've never had one step into the beam and keep walking, once I hacked it.

Looks like here at forums always would be misunderstandings with mix up of infrared and laser

normally, guard never will go through hacked laser (which is lethal cause it's not an stunning infrared wall or alarm-rising infrared beam) but will stop and change his route

doesn't have lags with trapped guards though, maybe it some issue with specific system?

I'm only talking about lethal beams. In another play though afterwards, I had one guard behind a lethal unhacked beam. I got his attention and this time he didn't walk through it. Instead he just stood there. .

So it must have been a bug in my other game.

The same thing happened to me. I thought the guard was trapped, but at some point in the game (maybe 2 or 3 Alarm levels further) the guard was suddenly free and hunting me.

Now I created a testlevel (Normal) where a guard goes from A to B through 3 beams. This is the result:

Infrared beam unhacked > pass

infrared beam hacked     > pass

infrared wall unhacked    > pass

infrared wall hacked        > pass

laser beam unhacked     > no pass

laser beam hacked         > no pass

Alarm level 5 (all guards go into hunt mode) > no pass.

Conculsion: the guard should not be able to pass a laser beam in any situation.

Eventhought he was stuck there for a while, I started doubting myself thinking I made a mistake. But now the same thing happened to J20hawkz. Either we both made a mistake or this is a rare bug, sins he was still stuck in the test at Alarm 10.

Archived