Chief Financial Suite Does Nothing?

In that mission i found out that he has done not a single move, when i walked in the Red Area that are obviously watched and the striped one's that it says Notice.

does this means its really easy because he had no action at all ? or am i wrong? 

Nope, he does absolutely nothing. The notification is for possible nearby guards.

Sins this bothered me, I changed his behavior and gave him a Tazer and removed his restriction to not hunt. The hunting part works preventing me from Tazing him directly, sins he will now move towards you, but He does not use his Tazer (most likely because I did. something wrong). But sins He's hunting me, I have to find a way to hide and then tazer him from behind. Which makes it somewhat of a cat and mouse challenge.

I did not gave him a gun, because that would be too harsh on the player, sins a lot of maps has him facing the entry door directly and there is nowhere to hide, unless you have cloak.

I'm thinking about giving him grenades, but I need to make a new brain for that to also keep the cat and mouse game. And also maybe spawn an Enforcer when He spots me. He is the important big-boss, afterall.

Nope, he does absolutely nothing. The notification is for possible nearby guards.

Sins this bothered me, I changed his behavior and gave him a Tazer and removed his restriction to not hunt. The hunting part works preventing me from Tazing him directly, sins he will now move towards you, but He does not use his Tazer (most likely because I did. something wrong). But sins He's hunting me, I have to find a way to hide and then tazer him from behind. Which makes it somewhat of a cat and mouse challenge.

I did not gave him a gun, because that would be too harsh on the player, sins a lot of maps has him facing the entry door directly and there is nowhere to hide, unless you have cloak.

I'm thinking about giving him grenades, but I need to make a new brain for that to also keep the cat and mouse game. And also maybe spawn an Enforcer when He spots me. He is the important big-boss, afterall.but 

but... that guard is still doing nothing even i had moved to the red area line of sight of the chief financial suite and the chief financial suit still does nothing not even informing the guards

but... that guard is still doing nothing even i had moved to the red area line of sight of the chief financial suite and the chief financial suit still does nothing not even informing the guards

If you had moved into the dark red area He would have called for help, sort of speak, and the other guard will would go and investigate. (Well, most likely turn around and put a gun on you.)

The perpheral area will only get you noticed (no cause for alarm, yet). That's why the guard did not respond.

If I understand it right, at the last "Rhymes with play" podcast there was said something about his new brain not turned on in the shown dev build, probably he could change his behavior soon

Correct. With his "new" brain he does not investigate (turned off) and is supposed to avoid combat and flee. But the Flee-routine hasn't been written (yet), so he'll just keep standing there (being allowed to watch only).

Maybe the new flee routine will make him go into an adjacent room and lock the door, or something. Though being able to tazer your Agent for walking directly to him would be logical and welcome. He has to have modded tazer, though, else he'll tazer you indefinitely, lol.

Calling an Enforcer from the start (if he spots you) is tricky, sins you eventually have to pin him down for 6 turns. Avoiding the Enforcer and/or other guards is easy. Avoiding them within a 6 tile radius of the Chief is not.

guards doesn't attack the turn they see you, and you are probably enough clever to move your agent  out of his range usually. maybe i am wrong.

You are wrong in this case. In the picture above there is no hiding spot within a 1 tile range. If the guard had turned (provided that the Executive was a littlebit closer in the Agent was stanfing in a red zone) and gone into Overwatch, he would have shot shot the Agent the moment he moved. (This is why I did not give the executive a gun, sins it would be impossible to enter the room without a cloak.)

You will only get 1 tile to go into hiding, else the guard will shoot you on your turn!

i meant that the tazer guard can't taze you

Oh... :hypnotized:. In that case also no. After testing he went out of overwatch, ran up to me, but then went into overwactch again. At that point I do not want him to go into melee overwatch again, but perform the melee  action. I know you can't tazer someone facing you, but Guards have their own rules.

Archived