[Character Mod] - Whitney The Naive

Reaux

I'm not sure if someone else has had a similar idea, but I was playing Don't Starve and had an idea for a character mod. If anyone wants to give suggestions or make it come to fruition, then be my guest! I have no skill at coding or animation or anything, so I could never do it myself.

Whitney - The Naive

"They're not monsters. They just want to play."

Hunger - 100
Health - 125
Sanity - 275

* Has a pet dog; hounds aren't aggressive
* Attacks are very weak but very fast
* Has a dark talent

Unique/Starting Item - Hound's Tooth Amulet

*Can be crafted under the 'Magic' tab; requires a Prestihatitator.

* When worn it drains sanity (-40/min)
* All nearby hounds follow you and aid you in battle when equipped
* Can be given to Dead Fluffy to revive him, destroying the amulet in the process
* Can be crafted with Silk x2, Hound's Tooth x7, and Nightmare Fuel x2
* Infinite Durability
* Reviving Fluffy brings him back with 50 Health and 50 Hunger

Fluffy The Dog

Hunger - 250
Health - 300

* Regenerates health while not in combat
* Will howl or bark when hungry
* Attacks faster than a normal hound, but slightly weaker than a normal hound too.

(Attack Period: 1 ; Damage: 16.5)
* Only eats meat
* Immediately attacks whatever attacks Whitney
* Is well trained (Can kite like pigs only when attacked)

~~~

This mod is heavily inspired by Wendy.

I'm not sure if someone else has had a similar idea, but I was playing Don't Starve and had an idea for a character mod. If anyone wants to give suggestions or make it come to fruition, then be my guest! I have no skill at coding or animation or anything, so I could never do it myself.

Whitney - The Naive

Hunger - 100

Health - 125

Sanity - 275

* Attacks are very weak but very fast

* Has a dark talent

* When worn it drains sanity (-40/min)

* All nearby hounds follow you and aid you in battle when equipped

* Can be given to Dead Fluffy to revive him, destroying the amulet in the process

* Infinite Durability

Starting Item and has Infinite Durability ? What is the reason will I craft that thing if its Durability is Infinite?

post-261813-0-56028200-1415521378.jpg

Please don't be rude. You didn't get it, they pointed it out. If you don't like the superset  of hound-orientated custom characters, don't bother with them.

Do my words is in a way of being rude? I don't intend to be rude . I was just trying to correct some of his superset of hound-orientated custom characters ...

Do my words is in a way of being rude? I don't intend to be rude . I was just trying to correct some of his superset of hound-orientated custom characters ...

I'd be much more open to constructive criticisms than facetious reaction jpegs. I wrote up Whitney rather quickly, not giving a lot of deep thought in the balance. I've thought of a lot of improvements hours ago.

You asked why it can be crafted? Because it can be destroyed, and Fluffy can die more than once. In case you're unsure of the definition of "destroyed" it means that once you use it to resurrect your dog, you no longer have it. So what do you do when Fluffy dies again? Oh wait, it's gone, and it's clearly too ludicrous to make it a craftable item, right?

Yeah I wanted a hound-based character. But I also want a balanced one. So feel free to make suggestions but please try to keep facetious and snarky remarks to a minimum, yo.

I made some changes. Edits in bold.

Whitney - The Naive

Hunger - 100
Health - 125
Sanity - 250

* Attacks are very weak but very fast (Damage Multiplier: x0.60) ; (Attack speed doubled)
* Is afraid of spiders; has no other fear (No negative sanity auras except around spiders which is doubled)

* When worn it drains sanity (-120/min)
* All nearby hounds follow and aid you in battle when equipped
* Can be used to revive Fluffy, destroying the amulet and draining 40 sanity
* Infinite Durability
* Reviving Fluffy brings him back with 50 Health and 50 Hunger

Fluffy The Dog

Hunger - 250
Health - 500

*Regenerates health while not in combat
*Will howl when hungry
*Attacks quickly but deals slightly weaker damage (Attack Period: 1 ; Damage: 16)
*Only eats meat
*Immediately attacks whatever attacks Whitney, even if he was fighting something else
*Is well trained (Can kite like pigs; only when attacked)

Interesting idea, Although I do agree a little, Having the item be infinite durability does seem a little useless--
Even if it is destroyed when reviving Fluffy.
A idea could be say the amulet takes like 1% or 2%-- how ever much-- when ever 1 hound is added into the group.
So per-say if your amulet loses 2% durability with each hound, and you have 5 hounds with you-
You amulet could lose maybe like 10% durability every 5 minutes or so?

As for reviving with the amulet, maybe say the amulet takes away 50% when reviving him- if the amulet is lower than 50% however, he will be revived at the cost of the amulet being destroyed which would cause you to have to make a new one.
That way it could cause more strategic gameplay-
However, disregard the first bit if it seems a little much--
I do still think however the amulet shouldn't be COMPLETELY invincible.

You could also maybe make it that the amulet is what is healing Fluffy- so when Fluffy is around and you have the amulet on you, sort of like how the thermal stone heats up around fires-- Fluffy could heal only around the amulet. If the amulet breaks, you'll have to find him meat or something to chew on so he doesn't get too hungry. It also, again, gives you another reason to want to/half to remake the amulet.
You could even disregard the entire top portion about the 1-2% bit like I said and maybe have like 5% drained from the amulet for every 5 points of health that is recovered by him.

Interesting idea, Although I do agree a little, Having the item be infinite durability does seem a little useless--

Even if it is destroyed when reviving Fluffy.

A idea could be say the amulet takes like 1% or 2%-- how ever much-- when ever 1 hound is added into the group.

So per-say if your amulet loses 2% durability with each hound, and you have 5 hounds with you-

You amulet could lose maybe like 10% durability every 5 minutes or so?

As for reviving with the amulet, maybe say the amulet takes away 50% when reviving him- if the amulet is lower than 50% however, he will be revived at the cost of the amulet being destroyed which would cause you to have to make a new one.

That way it could cause more strategic gameplay-

However, disregard the first bit if it seems a little much--

I do still think however the amulet shouldn't be COMPLETELY invincible.

You could also maybe make it that the amulet is what is healing Fluffy- so when Fluffy is around and you have the amulet on you, sort of like how the thermal stone heats up around fires-- Fluffy could heal only around the amulet. If the amulet breaks, you'll have to find him meat or something to chew on so he doesn't get too hungry. It also, again, gives you another reason to want to/half to remake the amulet.

You could even disregard the entire top portion about the 1-2% bit like I said and maybe have like 5% drained from the amulet for every 5 points of health that is recovered by him.

I like all of this actually. Really good suggestions. I was mainly focusing on making the tradeoff be high sanity drain which could steer players from wearing it all the time, and therefore, any hounds following Whitney would stop following her and act normal. This could be a problem if Chester is around or if they're around your bee hives or walls. They could kill and destroy a lot of things.

I don't know how other players play though. Some players might try to drain their sanity as quickly as possible and use that to their advantage more often than not. So I can see why having a durability would matter in that case.

I like the first one mostly. I was also considering making a cap on how many hounds can follow you. Like how only 5 Beefalo will follow you when you blow the horn. Could make it 5 hounds max, causing 10% durability drain every minute, giving a good 10 minutes, like any normal amulet, to bring your little hound army over to what you're wanting to kill before it breaks.

Even with that, I still think reviving Fluffy should completely consume the amulet. Fluffy has a lot of health and is a pretty potent ally considering he could kite. Between Whitney and Fluffy kiting monsters, and potentially having 5 other hounds at max helping you, it shouldn't be too hard to take down most foes. So Fluffy dies it should be rather penalising to revive a potent companion. Besides it's not TOO costly to craft another. Especially later on when more hounds start attacking and you can get more hound's teeth. But it shouldn't be incredibly easy to craft either.

Thanks for the suggestions though! I really appreciate it.

Archived