Trading my Art Services for you Programming/Spriter skills!

UltimaZix

Hello and welcome!

My name is Zix Lutiam, and as you can probably tell, I have not used the forums very much, if at all.

A little background -

I've played Don't Starve for a good year now, and I've loved every second of it, and I've been messing around with mods lately. I tried my hand at making my own character, but aside from art assets, I have no idea what I'm doing, not even with the immense amount of tutorials I've read. Working with RPGmaker was easier than this, but that's understandable considering how simple it is.

What I can do -

Although my skills in the craft of programming and animating are sub-par, my art skill for emulation is unparalleled. (Well, I'd hope at least) I've got the Don't Starve art style down pretty darn well, and can make things look the way I want them to. I know how to convert them to .TEX files as well, but that's the extent of what I can do. I'll leave a sample of what I was working on below before I quit. The hair and face were drawn by me, everything else was probably left unchanged. I will also attach the HD-ReSprite of Cthulhu I did for a fellow modder, just to show you some other work I've done.

What I need YOU to do-

I simply need someone who can open up the animation of Wilson in Spriter, replace all the assets with my own, and make sure the accursed glitch of cutting off the corners of my artwork doesn't occur. I'd also need some help with the creation of unique items, adding them to the craft list, and editing unique dialogue, etc, etc. I would also be learning these skills from you, because as much help as you'd be, I'd like to become reliant on my own skills to help make my own mods, and help others make theirs eventually. The ability to stream your work would be immensely helpful too, if at all possible. I know how to do that, and can teach you how if you'd like.

So here's the deal -

It's a trade of services, so I expect equivalent exchange. You'll be helping me immensely with the programming and editing, and especially the teaching, and that's quite a tall order. In return, I can draw a spritesheet, or do any other art-related services you'd need. The trade must be equal, so we'd both have to come to an agreement on what you'd want in return. I ain't no slacker, I'll get what you want done, but you gotta work hard too.

So there ya have it! Thanks for reading, and here's to a hopeful future trade!

CONTACT ME AT ANY OF THESE PLACES, THE HIGHER ON THE LIST, THE FASTER THE RESPONSE:

STEAM - http://steamcommunity.com/id/UltimaZix/

E-MAIL - Ultimazix@gmail.com

THIS THREAD - Post your response here too, that way others can see who's on board.

TUMBLR - http://ultimazix.tumblr.com/

Cheers, comrades!

-Zix

post-311302-0-10763300-1414987797_thumb.

post-311302-0-26564500-1414987887_thumb.

What you want to do with programming is pretty simple

(I.e., adding items, changing dialogue, adding them to the craft list)

I'm not exactly the best programmer around here. (Although, for all I know, they are all gone, @_Q_ has made some pretty good mods.

But I could probably walk you through creating an item or changing dialogue lines. I'm not a Spriter person though. Of course, there are tutorials for this kind of thing (Dana's and Malacaths come to mind) Malacaths you can find here http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/29427-tutorial-creating-a-handslot-equippable-item-from-scratch/#entry362795

Hope I helped.

What you want to do with programming is pretty simple

(I.e., adding items, changing dialogue, adding them to the craft list)

I'm not exactly the best programmer around here. (Although, for all I know, they are all gone, @_Q_ has made some pretty good mods.

But I could probably walk you through creating an item or changing dialogue lines. I'm not a Spriter person though. Of course, there are tutorials for this kind of thing (Dana's and Malacaths come to mind) Malacaths you can find here http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/29427-tutorial-creating-a-handslot-equippable-item-from-scratch/#entry362795

Hope I helped.

Ah! These are great! I'll be sure to look more in depth on them later, since I'm playin' DS right now :p

I am learning all of these things and have several ideas for character mods. I can do a little art but it's not up to par for what I would like the end result to be. If you wanted to work with me maybe we could both learn from it and see both of our modding desires come true?

I am learning all of these things and have several ideas for character mods. I can do a little art but it's not up to par for what I would like the end result to be. If you wanted to work with me maybe we could both learn from it and see both of our modding desires come true?

Sounds like fun! Whats your experience in modding so far?

Archived