Recommend me some videos that showcase strategies

I'll admit it, I just can't crack this game.

I don't know how many times I've played it but it's in the dozens, and I've yet to reach the final mission little alone beat it. The problem seems to be that I don't have the right gear when the time comes that I need it. Either I can't hack enough stuff, or I can't get through armor, or ... I don't know. I muddle through avoiding trouble until that moment where I have to take a risk or just sit there forever and wait for the alarm level to max out, so I take the risk and someone gets killed. Then I try to revive them and my other agent gets killed, and that's all she wrote.

I think, if I could see someone playing well (because so far all I've seen is myself stink up the place) and also have them explain to me why they're doing things, it would really help my play. I don't want a checklist of things to do to win, I just want to be pointed in the right direction so I can get over this hump. I'm really enjoying the game but you can only smack your head on the concrete so long before you give up.

So are there any youtubers or twitchers that you all could recommend, who at least semi-consistently beat the game on video and explain why they're doing what they're doing? Why they're buying a certain item or augment or why they're going around this way instead of that way?

Can we reverse this?  Can you post a playthrough, maybe take some pointers?

Actually I'm a pretty active YouTuber and I'd really like to post some videos, but I was hoping to at least see the final mission before trying to catch my antics on video. However, if people will toss out pointers I have no problem showing off my (lack of) skills. When I post the first one (hopefully this weekend) I'll be sure to post here with a link to the video and the playlist that others will be on.

Someone posted on the forum about his youtube playlist where he plays invisible inc. 

You can check his videos here. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but give it a try.

Thanks for that. Weird that I didn't see it considering I check for new posts in all Invisible Inc. boards daily at least. I'll go through that and give it a look.

I posted my first video, and set up a playlist for the others I'll be posting. My schedule means I can only post one every 4 days, but other than "Banks can unlock doors" and "you can peek through open doors to see cameras" I'd love some pointers (I knew the Banks thing but forgot, and the peeking through doors I learned from watching JayRiviera's videos a LOT last night)

So I took my time to watch the entire video to help you (and others hopefully) be a bit better at this game. Every tip /pointer in the list below has a link that plays the video at the moment when whatever I'm talking about happened.

General pointers: 
You can't play the game if you don't know what each agent does. I commented on everything above as if banks doesn't have the ability to open locked doors but you have to remember she can next time. You also have to remember to peek through opened doors to see what's in the room and avoid running into camera.

Don't KO guards unless you have to or if you know you're not coming back to a part of the map and it would take the guard a long time to find you.

This will help you avoid KOing guards unnecessarily: 
If you have a patrolling guard / stationary guard that's giving you trouble you can distract him and hide. He'll stop patrolling / he'll change position.

For example if you peek into a room and you see a guard looking directly at the door you can:

• stand next to the door
  • open it (guard will have an interest point now)
  • close the door
  • hide in the room or move to another room
  • the guard will walk to the door, open it and look to the sides, find nothing and turn to face the room he came out of.
  • end your turn and watch him go back into the room. ( you can stand behind him / next to him before ending your turn, to get closer to the room)
  • guard walks back in the room - most likely - facing a wall and stationary. 

Works on patrolling guards too. Just give him an interest point and no one to catch and he'll stop patrolling.

I posted my first video, and set up a playlist for the others I'll be posting. My schedule means I can only post one every 4 days, but other than "Banks can unlock doors" and "you can peek through open doors to see cameras" I'd love some pointers (I knew the Banks thing but forgot, and the peeking through doors I learned from watching JayRiviera's videos a LOT last night)

Playlist

First Video

Hey Horseman Thanks for the shout out ill start to explain thing slightly more in my upcoming videos along the lines of "why im buying the equipment" or "why im leaving a agent in a certain place at the turn end" and the rules behind guard movement so you find it easier to move through a level undetected and deal with situations if you are detected.

Im quite new to commentating and if i skip over something just drop me a comment and ill explain why i did what i did mate the interaction between viewers and myself is probably my favorite part of making youtube videos :)

So I took my time to watch the entire video to help you (and others hopefully) be a bit better at this game. Every tip /pointer in the list below has a link that plays the video at the moment when whatever I'm talking about happened.

I did a point-by-point reply to this entire post last night but the forum ate it :( I don't have the gumption to rewrite the whole thing but here's a quick recap.

First off, THANK YOU for the detailed analysis. I probably won't remember all of this the next time I play but I'll keep coming back to it for sure.

Peeking is still a bit of a mystery to me. It APPEARS that the act of peeking shows you what you would see if you were simultaneously standing in all 5 squares that make a + aroud your agent. If there's a door bordering one of those 5 squares, you see... some of what's in the room. Just a 90 degree cone straight out from it?

With the guard snapping 180 degrees, does that mean I could flank a guard with 2 agents, one on each shoulder, and the guard would not see either of them? Because it really looks like if you stand on one side, he'd see you as he's turning around. I've been too afraid to test it :-)

The only reason I didn't take the stim is because I forgot. The only reason I didn't go back for it is because I was afraid Nika would get caught in that room, possibly getting shot with no chance to go back for her.

I did a point-by-point reply to this entire post last night but the forum ate it :( I don't have the gumption to rewrite the whole thing but here's a quick recap.

First off, THANK YOU for the detailed analysis. I probably won't remember all of this the next time I play but I'll keep coming back to it for sure.

Peeking is still a bit of a mystery to me. It APPEARS that the act of peeking shows you what you would see if you were simultaneously standing in all 5 squares that make a + aroud your agent. If there's a door bordering one of those 5 squares, you see... some of what's in the room. Just a 90 degree cone straight out from it?

With the guard snapping 180 degrees, does that mean I could flank a guard with 2 agents, one on each shoulder, and the guard would not see either of them? Because it really looks like if you stand on one side, he'd see you as he's turning around. I've been too afraid to test it :-)

The only reason I didn't take the stim is because I forgot. The only reason I didn't go back for it is because I was afraid Nika would get caught in that room, possibly getting shot with no chance to go back for her.

• Pretty much.. peeking works as if you could use the tooltip of each door from a two tile distance and you could peek through all of them at once.
  • Absolutely, the guard will not be able to see them at all.  

If you lose your reply or post in the forum you can usually retrieve some of it by starting a new one and choosing "View Auto Saved Content" at the bottom of the editor.

Thanks to the people who helped with my videos and those I watched, I just won my first (easy) game! It's not in the playthrough that I'm doing for YouTube (though I'm still hopeful on that) but it DOES mean that I can now comfortably move to Normal and never play Easy again :)

And with a lucky NanoFab right next to the final elevator, I ended up with $12,735 and with a 13,300 reputation I got a total score of 26,035. I have no idea if that's good but I suspect it's at least okay :)

But anyway, thanks everybody who helped!

Archived