New to the community

Hi guys I just recently purchased this game after trying it during the steam free weekend and man, this is one of the best games I've ever played, it's challenging but rewards you with knowledge, it's fantastically stylized and it's complexity ranges from casual players all the way to hardcore. Frankly I'm not sure how this game didn't recieve higher marks from reviews. Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself and whatnot.

ALSO is there more planned for this game after Don't Starve Together?

Welcome to the forums! It's a great community so be sure to ask any questions, if they pop up!

Not sure if anything else is planned after DST. I'm sure the whole community is hoping there will be. We'll have to wait and see. Klei announced multi-player towards the end of getting all the bugs out of Reign of Giants so hopefully they'll do that again with a new DLC or content added to the game.

ALSO is there more planned for this game after Don't Starve Together?

I've seen nothing confirmed, though full disclosure I don't really follow anything in the DST forums.  But, Klei brought in a bunch of people to perform the necessary code revamp for DST, and existing owners of DS get it for free is my understanding.  Seems to me like a heck of a lot of work to put into a game if you don't plan on continuing it some more!  In the end it probably all comes down to the response to DST, and a continued growth in the player base, which if positive would indicate it's still profitable to enhance this game.

I've seen nothing confirmed, though full disclosure I don't really follow anything in the DST forums.  But, Klei brought in a bunch of people to perform the necessary code revamp for DST, and existing owners of DS get it for free is my understanding.  Seems to me like a heck of a lot of work to put into a game if you don't plan on continuing it some more!  In the end it probably all comes down to the response to DST, and a continued growth in the player base, which if positive would indicate it's still profitable to enhance this game.

From what I've seen and heard DST has gotten massive feedback, so no doubt they will do something after that. I'm just hoping for a new DLC, although I haven't even started with Reign of Giants yet. When the popup came and told me that I should be an experienced DS player, I immediately turned it off.

Archived