No equipment for the new agent after rescued from detention level?

Starting with a new agency. I was running on my second mission to rescue Tony. But when I clear the level and got out. I found there is no weapon in Tony's item slots. Not even a Neural Disrupter...So I spend the another 2 missions running Tony NAKED...

Is this supposed to happen after the patch or is it another bug?

Anyway, not very long before I notice Tony is soooooo strong to deal with Daemons...eventhough he was naked for few runs...

I haven't play for many rounds after this new patch. so... two new agents means I now can have maximum of 6 agents in the field? or still 4 but randomly choose from the 6?

It is intended.

Balance Changes
* Stealth, Hacking and Anarchy skills have been reevaluated, also given a fifth upgrade level.
* Agents' special abilities are now provided by unique augments. ( Shalem ends up with +2 armor piercing to start)
* Parasite loses cool down and gains increasing cost with active parasites.
* The artifact heavy vault has been adjusted.
* The Executive is planning a big night out and has more cash on hand.
* Programs are now only found at Server Farm Terminals but there are more programs available at each terminal.
EDIT * Agents do not get extra equipment after being rescued, but start with their unique augment.

Personally I kind of like it. Now rescuing an agent is not that easy a choice when you'll have to re-equip him/her.

Well, one thing about this change is that it makes Neural Disruptor I's found in Nanofabs possibly useful, which lets face it, was not the case in previous builds.

Also, it now incentivizes picking Shalom as a starting agent (to get his rifle). He was not a favorite choice in previous builds.

I consider this a terrible change strictly coming from a thematic standpoint. So this fancy spy agency doesn't send their agents into the field equipped with anything? I admit this bothers me more than it should, but it doesn't make any bloody sense that an obviously well equipped spy agency doesn't provide newly rescued agents with their most basic gear.

From a gameplay standpoint I don't really care. It's not a huge loss, but it is no doubt an inconvenience.

I personally thought it made sense. If an agent was captured by a corporation it'd make sense that they would strip them of all their gear sans augments. Also I feel that the agency is mostly hands off and expects its agents to procure equipment from the field otherwise they might start drawing more attention than necessary to themselves (which explains why they sell equipment to their agents though a fencer rather than just giving it to them).

Who is Tony?

1 out of 2 new unlockable agents introduced with the latest update.

I consider this a terrible change strictly coming from a thematic standpoint. So this fancy spy agency doesn't send their agents into the field equipped with anything? I admit this bothers me more than it should, but it doesn't make any bloody sense that an obviously well equipped spy agency doesn't provide newly rescued agents with their most basic gear.

Technically you're the Agency. At least that's how I see it given we have to manage our budget to provide agents with everything we think they need. Perhaps there should be a separate mission "recover the gear" or "break into the armory" in order to steal something agents can either steal or use as their replacement equipment?

Technically you're the Agency. At least that's how I see it given we have to manage our budget to provide agents with everything we think they need. Perhaps there should be a separate mission "recover the gear" or "break into the armory" in order to steal something agents can either steal or use as their replacement equipment?

I guess that is one way to look at it. I certainly haven't gotten that impression from playing the game but it is an interesting take none the less. 

1 out of 2 new unlockable agents introduced with the latest update.

This new change also solved my dilemma on previous builds whether to have more workable hands by retrieving 4 agents asap or focusing on upgrading 2 super agent first. Guess the latter is more preferable for this fresh build.

Really like your idea on "recover the gear". In addition to that, I think in order to differentiate with Security Dispatch level, may be an extra "Armory Room" located deeply in side the Detention Room, or maybe in a second room, locked and guarded with all of our agent's gears. Maybe cost another 2-3 rounds, few power points, and a little more risk to get our things (or some extra freebies) back.

This might give us more choices on the strategy decision making. Since the Detention Room is so big and we never need to go deep inside the room to retrieve our agent. An Armory Room entry at the end of the Detention Room makes us to think whether is worth to retrieve our gears back. On one hand, this makes the detention room more useful, and on the other, we can leverage between the risk and the advantages more carefully.

I really like this change. It adds a new level of decisions to the game.

EDIT: what I actually like the most about this change is that it allows me to see agents more as persons and less as tools. Before this change, it was a little bit that you found a broken tool that you had to repair in between missions.

Also, the initial choice of agents is more important now, since getting that Shalem’s rifle later in the game isn’t a given anymore. (Also because there are more than four agents now.)

I really like this change. It adds a new level of decisions to the game.

EDIT: what I actually like the most about this change is that it allows me to see agents more as persons and less as tools. Before this change, it was a little bit that you found a broken tool that you had to repair in between missions.

Also, the initial choice of agents is more important now, since getting that Shalem’s rifle later in the game isn’t a given anymore. (Also because there are more than four agents now.)

Few days after running the agency I find this minor change is no longer a problem. But I do wish we can rescure all six agents from the Detention level and choose the ones we would like to put on the field. Choose 4 out of 6 or less.

But I still don't like Shalem...My ideal team is Bank+Xu+Nika+Int,

Archived