Am I Doing Something Wrong?

Percival

I recently got the key not so long ago; just this morning in fact, so there may be something I'm doing wrong. but I digress.

I was told by people that have played DST that, on Day 1, the game would close out before they could open it up. I was also told by those same people that is was already resolved. This herein lies the problem; the problem I am experiencing now is apparrently similar to the Day 1 bug, where, upon starting up DST, the window would close without any sort of feedback. It doesn't say "DST isn't responding" or any warning message similar to that, it simply closes out.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this simply normal?

Attaching your log.txt (Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/log.txt) and .mdmp's from the crash (Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Don't Starve Together Beta/bin/, the most recent mdmp) will help a lot in diagnosing the problem. You can also copy-paste the contents of the log.txt into a spoiler for easier reading.

I think I remember someone reporting a problem like this before and I think it was due to their graphics chip not having enough memory to support the shaders used by haunting. In which case you'll just have to wait until they add less expensive versions of those shaders for your computer to fall back on.

I am unsure why you would need it, as I resolved the issue, unless you need it to figure out a way to allow slower specs laptops to try to boot it up. Regardless, I am unsure if this is the correct information you need, as I never needed to look up my computer specifications until now. With that being said, I have no idea how to correctly find it out, so I'll find anything that I think is important. Again, I apologize for any errors.

Specs

Windows 8

CPU Type; 2x, 2100 MHz

Display; Intel® HD Graphics (1797480 KB)

Monitor; Generic PnP Monitor [NoDB]

CPU Clock; 2108.59 MHz

I can't find any file labeled log.txt, however, in neither the DS folders nor the DST folders. Is it somewhere else?

Archived