[Server Crash] - Game closes when 2nd player joins my server

XyLe

Bug Submission:

Category: Server Crash

Issue Title: Game closes when 2nd player joins my server

Issue Description: Hosting games works fine, people could join my server yesterday too, although today a weird thing happened: i was playing alone, then a random 2nd player joined my game, that same second my game closed. I ran the game again, and resumed the server, and the same thing happened again - somebody randomly joined my server and that crashed my game with no error message. The thing is that i couldn't see the name of the other player who joined me on top of the screen, and now i can't find any logs. That would be cool if you could tell me if there's actually any logs on my PC to see at least was that the same player or 2 different players.

Steps to Reproduce: I dunno if that will happen for you too, but here goes:

1. host an opened game using the default world options

2. play alone for a few days until someone randomly joins your server and the game closes

3. make that kinda face (O_o)

@XyLe Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/log.txt

And also your DxDiag, your MDMP and your save game file (as well as any screenshots of any error messages if applicable) for the server please. 

Oh, thanks guys, i've cleared these things out.. feeling so dumb atm :D

Totally my bad for a habit to not open the spoilers, forgive me kindly, just a glance over that other topic wasn't enough apparently.

Also now i highly doubt there will be a point to see the log file since i've played on another servers more recently and from what i can see the information probably is not added but replaced.

Anyways i'm gonna try to attach those files and see how that goes. Ok, lawl, 4 files "This upload failed", server_save = "you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file".

Here's what I'll do instead: http://www.filedropper.com/serversave = the zip archive with all 5 files related to the problem.

@XyLe yeah, I don't think the uploader is working at the moment (was trying to upload a mod today and also got upload failed on every file I tried). The log gets overwritten each time you launch, so if you encounter the bug again I'd just paste the entire contents of the log file into a spoiler on here.

Just had another try with this. Hosted a server with no password, everything was smooth until someone tried to join, no error messages, nothing, the game just closed.

The good thing is this time i've got a log file! :D So at least i can see who that was.

Here's the files - http://www.filedropper.com/2_31

Please don't make me learn how to use spoilers.. the file's in there, ok ? :D

Just had another try with this. Hosted a server with no password, everything was smooth until someone tried to join, no error messages, nothing, the game just closed.

The good thing is this time i've got a log file! :grin: So at least i can see who that was.

Here's the files - http://www.filedropper.com/2_31

Please don't make me learn how to use spoilers.. the file's in there, ok ? :grin:

Not showing files; does the site require an account?

And just highlight the text then use the drop down Special  BB Code and choose Spoilers. 

Not showing files; does the site require an account?

And just highlight the text then use the drop down Special  BB Code and choose Spoilers. 

Doesn't require an account for me. The file is an archive , zip. You have to use the link, press "Download this file", enter the captcha and there you go )) lemme know how that goes plz, if not gonna work - i'll find a better way

By the way if that's helpful enough i can ask a friend to join my server to crash it and that way we can have log files from both our sides, server's and client's. Just tell me then which files would be required from the client's side.

I've tried a few more times, i think i got what the problem is.

I'd include 5 more saves and dumps but apparently i'm "not permitted to upload this kinda file" unless its' .TXT

So here goes, because the game only tells you when ppl join the server, and doesn't tell you anything when someone leaves (which i find absolutely ridiculous), i normally play with the Backspace-mode on. This mode sometimes lets people in, yesterday it happened 2 times, i mean 2 ppl could join me. Every other time it was a game over.

But, surprisingly enough, when i stopped having that backspace-mode on, people were joining without any problems.

I tested it a few more times and so far so good. Hopefully it's gonna work in the future, if not - i'll leave a note here, dunno if that's any helpful tho.. nobody says anything. so thx for letting me know if my intentions to help fixing bugs are not worthless...

Anyways, just maybe a good idea it could be to check if backspace thing works or not. Cheers!

Hi @XyLe,

A fix went in today's hotfix that indeed addresses a crashing issue with the Backspace key. Could you see if this still happens for you after updating?

Thanks!

Kaj

Thank you for replying kindly on my problem! :)

After i updated it doesn't seem to crash my server anymore :happyface:

Although i'll play with backspace on from now on and if something happens i'll let you know by posting it here.

Archived