[General] - Game still asks to create an account when one has been created and verified

chromiumboy

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Game still asks to create an account when one has been created and verified

Issue Description: The problem I described previously is still occurring (http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/41406-general-game-asks-to-create-an-account-when-one-has-been-created-and-verified/).

Each time I try to go online, the game asks me to create an account even though I have already created one and have had it verified.

In an attempt to fix this I have tried:

- Relaunching the game

- Relaunching Steam

- Resetting my computer

- Turning my computer off, waiting 10 seconds and rebooting

- Opening the email with the verification link and clicking it again (and again and again) in both Chrome and the Steam web browser before before starting steam, after logging into Steam but before launching the game, before clicking 'Play online' and after clicking 'Play online' and the log in attempt failed.

Kinda at my wit's end =\ Any suggestions? The log.txt file ends unceremoniously with 'Unable to connect'. This file has been attached.

Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to 'Play online', the game asks that you create an account first.

@chromiumboy @kraken121 - we just set a build live that fixed some issues with the account logging in. Please let us know if you're still experiencing these issues after updating. Thanks!

Hi Seth,

It appears that it is fixed, but if you do click the "play online" button before the seam overlay finishes, it will still pop up the create account" box

On a side note, do you guys have any idea why some servers are showing negative ping? unless bytes are going back in time :p i def think it might be something related to hardware/os clock vs host's

Hi Seth,

It appears that it is fixed, but if you do click the "play online" button before the seam overlay finishes, it will still pop up the create account" box

On a side note, do you guys have any idea why some servers are showing negative ping? unless bytes are going back in time :razz: i def think it might be something related to hardware/os clock vs host's

Neutrinos? 

• Developer

Hi Seth,

On a side note, do you guys have any idea why some servers are showing negative ping? unless bytes are going back in time :razz: i def think it might be something related to hardware/os clock vs host's

We'll be adding a waiting screen soon that will take the place of the create account dialog flash if your game hasn't fully connected yet.

As for the -1 ping, that means that the server can't be reached directly and requires a punchthrough to communicate. The effect of that is that we don't actually know what the ping is and the best we can do is make a guess. Mark is still working on that stuff, but for now, you'll just see -1 for some servers.

Archived