Singleplayer world sharing/seperate world files for DS and DST?

I have a delicious question about Don't starve Together:

Will you be able to join someone elses' singleplayer world, or are singleplayer worlds and DST worlds seperate? I'd love to give my friend a tour of my Singleplayer world (Day 49, wilson) and i think doing something like that would be awesome!

I have a delicious question about Don't starve Together:

Will you be able to join someone elses' singleplayer world, or are singleplayer worlds and DST worlds seperate? I'd love to give my friend a tour of my Singleplayer world (Day 49, wilson) and i think doing something like that would be awesome!

As we saw in the stream,you can load your singleplayer world into a multiplayer  game.

As we saw in the stream,you can load your singleplayer world into a multiplayer  game.

Nice :D

I can't wait to show my friend the awesomeness that is my world and hen send him to fix the spider queeen problem i've had for a few in-game days now... can't risk gettting myself killed...

• Developer

@AdamTheGamer

I think what @Munixical is referring to is that I played by myself for a while before the last stream to set up a base. I was actually playing by myself in a Don't Starve Together world, not in a Don't Starve. Porting worlds from DS to DST is not something we are explicitly supporting. It may work (possibly with some hacking), but I would be fairly surprised if it did. They are currently separate games on Steam with separate save data.

@AdamTheGamer

I think what @Munixical is referring to is that I played by myself for a while before the last stream to set up a base. I was actually playing by myself in a Don't Starve Together world, not in a Don't Starve. Porting worlds from DS to DST is not something we are explicitly supporting. It may work (possibly with some hacking), but I would be fairly surprised if it did. They are currently separate games on Steam with separate save data.

Oh, ok. Maybe another time, another update?

Wimk wink nudge nudge

@AdamTheGamer

Oh!I thought you loaded in your singleplayer world,thanks for the info.

Archived