Daisy Chaining an Energy Pistol

I just got out of a sticky situation by playing 'hot potato' with the Energy pistol.

Internationale fired on the first target.

She then transferred the pistol to Shalem, who used it on the second target.

Who then transferred it to Shalem11 for use on the third target.

If Deckard hadn't been face planted, I probably could have also taken out a fourth and fifth (with a stim).

Is it intentional to allow the energy pistol to be tossed around between all of the agents?

Sure, the alarm went through the roof in a matter of seconds, but it also meant I didn't have any guards to deal with afterwards.

Unlimited shots in one turn...I do believe you are allowed to use any means necessary to keep the postol shooting.

Passing the gun...never tried, But I do give the agent using energy pistol with 2-3 Stim III to keep shooting for 3-4 times. Enough to take down the Null Drone and other Drone with Daemons.

And even sometimes I have One agent running the map while others keep giving the runner Stim shots (I usually have 2-3 Stim III for each agent) so the runner can take down most of the guards and drones on the floor in one round~

My maximum use of Energy Postol is 8 shoots

Sounds unintentional. Doesn't the description explicitly say it's a one use per mission item?

Nope the description says it can be used for one turn per mission. Always been meaning to get one agent with an overdose of stims for that with an Energy Gun, but then I never get stims, or the gun :p

Nope the description says it can be used for one turn per mission. Always been meaning to get one agent with an overdose of stims for that with an Energy Gun, but then I never get stims, or the gun :razz:

I remember being able to shoot 3 or 4 guards in the same turn pre-update 2 (I think it was), without using stims. But after that update, it wasn't possible anymore. I figured it had been nerfed to just be a one use pistol per mission, with the bonus of it not needing any ammo.

Didn't think about trying it combined with stims or passing it around to other agents.

Interesting!

I use the Stim III method, my other agents also have a Stim III on hand, so they basically pump Shalem (my killer) and he turns into a mini-turret for a round with the energy gun. I'll have to test passing the gun around!

I remember being able to shoot 3 or 4 guards in the same turn pre-update 2 (I think it was), without using stims. But after that update, it wasn't possible anymore. I figured it had been nerfed to just be a one use pistol per mission, with the bonus of it not needing any ammo.

Didn't think about trying it combined with stims or passing it around to other agents.

They fixed it so it now properly consumes an attack action. Not sure if it was in this build or the previous one.

I haven't hot potatoed an energy pistol, but that's because my high playthroughs I've managed to get the anatomy analyzer, so I use lethal ranged combat. But I have done plenty of hot potato with tazers - I tend to move fast, so my crew regularly carries about 2 tasers in excess of the people we actually have on the team, so there's a lot of swapping to make sure no one is stuck with just one taser on cooldown. I haven't tried it with the Volt Disruptor yet, but I suspect the same thing would happen.

When I play, I get funny mental images of the agents just tossing tasers around the room mid-fight and using them in some epic, slow-motion stun fest. It's pretty funny.

It may well be game-as-designed, as since if they wanted weapons to be tied to one use-per-turn, all they'd have to do would be to give all weapons a minimum of a 1-turn cooldown. But they don't, and so all ranged weapons and volt disruptors seem to be usable like that.

Archived