[Client Crash] - After verifying game cache DST asks to create a new account. Crashes after trying suggested fix

Rosten

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash
Issue Title: After verifying game cache DST asks to create a new account. Crashes after trying suggested fix
Issue Description: My game had been crashing at various times during trying to enter a server, so i verified the game cache, afterwards, when I tried to play, no crashes yet but the game asked me to create an account, after I had already made and verified one previously. Attempting the fix suggested by SethR in this thread (bit.ly for shortening (http://bit.ly/1vHsnSQ)) Don't Starve crashes as soon as the steam notification comes up. Log, Dxdiag, Mdmp and Picture of crash included in attachments.
(Im going to try and re-verify the cache, maybe even reinstall DST to see if it fixes the problem)
Steps to Reproduce: 1 - Experience crashing issues

2 - Verify integrity of game cache

3 - Click "Play Online"

4 - Game asks to create account

5 - Close Don't Starve, re-open and wait

6 - Steam notification comes up

7 - Crash

8 - Make Bug Report on Klei Forums

9 - Wait eagerly for a suggested fix

log.txt

DxDiag.txt

dontstarve_steam_112851_crash_2014_10_5T0_17_24C0.mdmp

post-287842-0-61136800-1412469180_thumb.

Update: Restarting the game, clicking play online, waiting a moment, getting redirected back to the menu screen, and then clicking play online, seemed to have fixed the problem... That is until I got a completely different crash, should I just post it here, or make a new thread?

Edit - Its crashing on notification again

Update: Restarting the game, clicking play online, waiting a moment, getting redirected back to the menu screen, and then clicking play online, seemed to have fixed the problem... That is until I got a completely different crash, should I just post it here, or make a new thread?

Edit - Its crashing on notification again

Do also list the new crash info, so I can herd players over to this thread if they have both and mention it.

Of course soon we'll have it working so it will be moot, right Klei? :) 

Do also list the new crash info, so I can herd players over to this thread if they have both and mention it.

Of course soon we'll have it working so it will be moot, right Klei? :-)

I did so in a seperate  bug report

Archived