[Client Crash] - Did you bring a light? - Can't see friend's lightsources

GreenWyvern

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash
Issue Title: "Did you bring a light?" - Can't see friend's lightsources
Issue Description: After many, many crashes, blank screens, waiting, and laggy connections, I finally got into a game with someone. It's right about to be dark, so they pull out a lantern, and I pull out my lighter [Playing as Willow]. Thing is, I don't see the light source around him [Wilson]... so I can walk away from Wilson, and can't see anything but the small radius of light around my lighter.

Later, after meeting a demise from being killed by ABSOLUTELY NOTHING while running away from spiders [Another bug, I guess?], I'm resurrected and it turns night again. This time, I have no lighter. Thing is... well... Wilson held up his lantern, and although I couldn't see anything, I didn't get killed off by Charlie. I was completely safe, even though the whole screen was pitch black.

So. Yeah.

[[Netbook Mode = Enabled, if it makes a difference]]

Here's some random system info: http://i.imgur.com/AnipiNT.png

Also, I'm not using mods. Wade. I'm looking at you, Wade. RIGHT AT YOU. WADE. WAAAAAAADE.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Have a someone [in my case, Wilson] carry a lantern

2. Stand near it [in my case, as Willow] right when night is starting

3. Survive in pitch black... maybe? Unless it's a rare case and I just-so-happened to survive for some weird reason...

B-B-B-BONUS BUG:

The title of this thread is messed up. Instead of a " symbol, it says " ... it's not DST related, but still a bug.

It's fixed, now! Not sure if it happened automatically, or by some magical administration... uh... magic, but either way, hurrah!

• Developer

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash

Issue Title: "Did you bring a light?" - Can't see friend's lightsources

Issue Description: After many, many crashes, blank screens, waiting, and laggy connections, I finally got into a game with someone. It's right about to be dark, so they pull out a lantern, and I pull out my lighter [Playing as Willow]. Thing is, I don't see the light source around him [Wilson]... so I can walk away from Wilson, and can't see anything but the small radius of light around my lighter.

Later, after meeting a demise from being killed by ABSOLUTELY NOTHING while running away from spiders [Another bug, I guess?], I'm resurrected and it turns night again. This time, I have no lighter. Thing is... well... Wilson held up his lantern, and although I couldn't see anything, I didn't get killed off by Charlie. I was completely safe, even though the whole screen was pitch black.

So. Yeah.

[[Netbook Mode = Enabled, if it makes a difference]]

Here's some random system info: http://i.imgur.com/AnipiNT.png

Also, I'm not using mods. Wade. I'm looking at you, Wade. RIGHT AT YOU. WADE. WAAAAAAADE.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Have a someone [in my case, Wilson] carry a lantern

2. Stand near it [in my case, as Willow] right when night is starting

3. Survive in pitch black... maybe? Unless it's a rare case and I just-so-happened to survive for some weird reason...

Hey @vingw, thanks for the report. Did the lantern get debugspawned by any chance? Since the caves aren't supported right now, we haven't made sure that all the craftables made with items that can only be gotten from the caves (light bulb) work properly yet.

Please do let us know if you see this or a similar issue with other light sources that are fully supported!

Archived