[Gameplay] - Enemies increase alarm level by walking through a hacked laser

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Enemies increase alarm level by walking through a hacked laser

Issue Description: Enemies increase the alarm level if they walk through a hacked laser beam. I'm assuming that this is a bug since the thing is hacked, so presumably we would stop the alarm functionality on it?

Steps to Reproduce: Hack a laser beam, toggle it to ON, have enemies go through (while searching for you). Second indirect reason I lost that last level since it eventually spawned elites! Was quite challenging, I'm looking forward to the final version!

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Enemies increase alarm level by walking through a hacked laser

Issue Description: Enemies increase the alarm level if they walk through a hacked laser beam. I'm assuming that this is a bug since the thing is hacked, so presumably we would stop the alarm functionality on it?

Steps to Reproduce: Hack a laser beam, toggle it to ON, have enemies go through (while searching for you). Second indirect reason I lost that last level since it eventually spawned elites! Was quite challenging, I'm looking forward to the final version!

Unless killing them directly with a specific augment, killing any human enemies with their heart monitor that all have (tooltip listed or not, directly or indirectly) always raises the alarm. If it's some non-lethal attack though, do note that. 

• Developer

When hacking the infrared beams, you obtain control of them but this does not change their behaviour when triggered.  So while they now trigger when guards pass through instead of your agents, the alarm will still increase.  Technically you can use this information to know when a guard passes through the area, but otherwise it might be a good idea to just turn them off. :)

Unless killing them directly with a specific augment, killing any human enemies with their heart monitor that all have (tooltip listed or not, directly or indirectly) always raises the alarm. If it's some non-lethal attack though, do note that. 

For the record, they don't die when they walk through.

PS: Multiquote doesn't work properly. I can tag the posts I want, but when I click "reply to multiple posts", it briefly loads and then nothing happens.

When hacking the infrared beams, you obtain control of them but this does not change their behaviour when triggered.  So while they now trigger when guards pass through instead of your agents, the alarm will still increase.  Technically you can use this information to know when a guard passes through the area, but otherwise it might be a good idea to just turn them off. :-)

I see, though it doesn't seem logical that we can gain control over them but not be able to control the alarm signal? Is that really game design? If so, fair enough I suppose, your game and you've done a great job so far.

Also, can I ask if the reset of melee reaction when opening or closing a door is on purpose? It's a fairly obvious thing, so I'm assuming so, but it's very impractical. Melee reaction could stay on until an agent moves? (A list of currently tracked bugs and non-bugs would be useful to figure out what to report and what not to report, though that's a fair bit of work, I suppose.)

Archived