Support LAN?

Um... Me not know many of the things about the magic boxes, but LAN is basically multiple computers playing on the same network, right? If that is so, then YES. That will be possible from the beginning of beta.

Please, if I am wrong, someone correct me.

Um... Me not know many of the things about the magic boxes, but LAN is basically multiple computers playing on the same network, right? If that is so, then YES. That will be possible from the beginning of beta.

I mean, do we have to play together via steam? My friends and I are sometimes blocked from the Internet. If so, we will only have really limited time playing DST.

I mean, do we have to play together via steam? My friends and I are sometimes blocked from the Internet. If so, we will only have really limited time playing DST.

This was answered here.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/37450-dont-starve-together-progress-report/

How you'll play.

So how will your games be played? Well we aren't all the way there yet, but we are working toward a few things here. This is pretty straightforward stuff.

First, dedicated servers. We will provide a standalone server that will allow you to set up your own dedicated servers on whatever host you want whether it be from home or from a 3rd party host.

In addition, you will also be able to play local games that you will not need to run a dedicated server to play. So, all you couples and families can not starve together

So yes, local LAN connectivity is supported, but not same co-op single computer play. 

Yes, this is the "magic box" you speak of :-) But I don't know what connectivity options will be supported at the beginning of Beta. 

Archived