[General] - Retrying from Endless starts in Story mode

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Retrying from Endless starts in Story mode

Issue Description: If you lose the game in Endless mode and click retry the game will jump to the beginning of story mode.

Steps to Reproduce: Start a game in Endless mode.

Purposefully get both your agents shot.

Click the "retry" button when prompted.

The game will start in story mode (72 hours till final mission)

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Retrying from Endless starts in Story mode

Issue Description: If you lose the game in Endless mode and click retry the game will jump to the beginning of story mode.

Steps to Reproduce: Start a game in Endless mode.

Purposefully get both your agents shot.

Click the "retry" button when prompted.

The game will start in story mode (72 hours till final mission)

You do understand when your entire team dies, it's permadeath and that's why it resets? 

You do understand when your entire team dies, it's permadeath and that's why it resets? 

Hey, be a little less snarky and actually read the post. The problem is if you lose in an endless mode game, when you click retry, it starts a story mode game, not an endless mode game. It's not what you would expect.

The issue is that when you die in endless mode and hit retry it starts story mode, not in endless mode again.

I'll try and explain.

Even though you beat Story mode, when you die in permadeath, you lose ALL experience to that point and have to start from the VERY beginning again.

Now, if the Endless is supposed to be permanently unlocked even after death, than my apologies for that, but Klei has not made that clear on their placeholder setup for all this. .

I'll try and explain.

Even though you beat Story mode, when you die in permadeath, you lose ALL experience to that point and have to start from the VERY beginning again.

Now, if the Endless is supposed to be permanently unlocked even after death, than my apologies for that, but Klei has not made that clear on their placeholder setup for all this. .

I've never anyhow lost my experience.

Then I am mistaken. I have. If I knew, i would have saved the save game *grumbles* 

You played on the same PC and lost all your XP (including the characters and programs) just like that? I mean maybe I'm missing something, maybe I missed some sort of permadeath option, but I would have never lost my XP so far.

Archived