Changing 16 day-night segments to 24 crashes the game

XirmiX

Have you ever tried to change the amount of segments each day lasts? Or changing the length of one segment, say from 30 seconds to 60?

Well this is what I want to add to my mod, and since my fellow helpers who help me build my mod are away for a while, I tried to work out some stuff myself, but this really was tricky.

Any suggestions of what else I need to change? Here's what I've changed for the clock.lua and seasonmanager.lua (For clock.lua I changed 16 to 24 for the places where it was written about segments, 30 changed to 60 because I thought that all the 30s represented the lengths of one segment and for seasonmanager.lua I changed the amount of segments it starts off when you start a game in a specific season, so that it all adds up to 24 instead of 16): https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9i66qb4h5wjlb8/components.zip?dl=0

Tell me what have I done wrong? I think I might have made a mistake where there were number 30s and I changed them to 60s cause they probably didn't show the length of one segment. But if that's not it, then what is?

The reason I need this to work is to make each day last 3 times longer so that you could actually progress a lot more and have longer and creepier nights. Besides with all the content this mod will add, you'll need that extra time!

I will announce the name and some more content (plus the point of the mod) soon. Those who already know, please, no spoilers. This mod will probably be one of the biggest DS mods ever made, and yes, probably even bigger than "Up and Away" and "Hero in the dark" mods.

I did try to use the example of "Season clock" mod, but surprisingly, it had no line arrangement, just a mess with spacebars between commands.

PS. Once I make an announcement topic do I have to call the topic something like "Mod Collaboration: [Mod's name]"?

Tuning? What do you mean log? Do you mean what I have edited already?

There is a lua in scripts called Tuning that defines... well a freaking LOT of stuff.

As far as log, whenever the game crashes a log file is created that can help track errors.

It should be (by default) ...My_Documents\klei\donotstarve\log.txt

wow, I didn't know about the log.txt, but it would take up a lot of space if more errors occur, right? So should I delete them after the problem gets solved? And thanks for the Tuning, I'll look into that and ask for help again if needed.

Well, I did look into Tuning and changed time of one time segment from 30 to 60, changed the segment multiplier to 24 (amount of segments) and changed day and time segments from:

Day from 10 to 15

Dusk from 4 to 6

Night from 2 to 3

And it still crashed. I think the error wasn't as bad as last time, but there are still problems. Here's a picture of it (If you want to see what I did in the day-night time segment change, tell me, I'll send them):

24dhm6g.png

Well, I did look into Tuning and changed time of one time segment from 30 to 60, changed the segment multiplier to 24 (amount of segments) and changed day and time segments from:

Day from 10 to 15

Dusk from 4 to 6

Night from 2 to 3

And it still crashed. I think the error wasn't as bad as last time, but there are still problems. Here's a picture of it (If you want to see what I did in the day-night time segment change, tell me, I'll send them):

If you are running RoG make sure you address the tuning.lua in the DLC0001 folder

You may also have to deal with the tuning override lua

although it appears in RoG they set this as a multiplier rather than a flat number.

Finally another problem might be the widget that controls the day/night cycle indicator.

It is designed for 16 segments, changing to 24 might cause problems there too.

If you just want the full day cycle to run 24 minutes, it might be easier to just make the segment time 90 seconds. and that will then require 24 minutes to pass 16 segments.

As far as I know, a segment seen in the game is not a texture. Is it?

I'll try and change the tuning override and tuning in DLC cause I think I edited mine not from the DLC folder.

Daytimer_widget_zpse96c7a06.jpg

There are 16 'segments' in the day timer. I have no idea which widget handles this image, or how it would respond to the number of segments being changed.

The graphics change with season depending on length of day, dusk and night.

Daytimer_widget_zpse96c7a06.jpg

There are 16 'segments' in the day timer. I have no idea which widget handles this image, or how it would respond to the number of segments being changed.

The graphics change with season depending on length of day, dusk and night.

Alright, so I pushed the 24 segment thing away for the time being and just changed the length of each segment from 30 to 90, but when I ran the mod, nothing changed, the speed of one day was still the same!

Alright, so I pushed the 24 segment thing away for the time being and just changed the length of each segment from 30 to 90, but when I ran the mod, nothing changed, the speed of one day was still the same!

Totally have me stumped on this one then. I always assumed segtime was the control for how long each segment was is.

I do know that several effects (sanity loss/gain) is tied to segment time. So changing the numbers should, at least, change that.

Maybe there is another way to do what you want. What are trying to accomplish?

Totally have me stumped on this one then. I always assumed segtime was the control for how long each segment was is.

I do know that several effects (sanity loss/gain) is tied to segment time. So changing the numbers should, at least, change that.

Maybe there is another way to do what you want. What are trying to accomplish?

Well, for now I'm just trying to make days in DS three times longer, if speaking in general (I thought that was quite obvious). So, changing each segment from 30 seconds to 90 seconds length should do it for now.

Archived