[Exploit] - Making stationary guards useless

Bug Submission:

Category: Exploit

Platform: Mac

Issue Title: Making stationary guards useless

Issue Description: This is more of a benefit than an issue, but it feels like a cheap and easy exploit. If you get a stationary guards attention, and we checks out where you were and can't find anything, he'll walk back to his station. However, he won't turn back around again, and just faces the wall, making it incredibly easy to just walk around him and ignore him.

It's very easy to do, and it feels like the guards AI could use a tiny adjustment

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Get a stationary guards attention (not alerted, just suspicious)

2. Hide from that location and wait for the guard to take a look

3. Wait until the guard is no longer suspicious of anything

4. Let him walk back to his position, where he will remain stationary, and not turn back around

5. Guard is now almost useless as long as no one attacks him or alerts him by other means

Personally, I see this as a feature, right up until the point where they STAY turned around for the following turn.

Guards should:

Turn 1: Move to investigation point. Find nothing, turn back towards their post BUT NOT MOVE.

Turn 2: Walk back to their post and stop, still facing the direction they moved.

Turn 3: Turn back to their original facing.*

If the distraction is further out, it should be the following:

Turn 1: Move towards the investigation point. Stop short.

Turn 2: Reach the point, find nothing, turn back.

Turn 3: Walk back towards their post. Stop short.

Turn 4: Reach their post and remain facing away from their usual facing.

Turn 5: Turn back to original position.*

The points labelled with * are what the game is currently missing.

Personally, after doing a no weapons challenge, this was a trick I used extensively and often meant (I'm looking at you, Detention Center Captain/stationary guards who are going to end up turned to another door when they return) the rest of the mission was actually harder, I think guard manipulation should stay somewhat similar to how it is now, as you can't always get a guard into a corner, and it is sometimes beneficial, though often not.

Sometimes they start in a corner, a lot of the time they don't,  I don't think it's very exploity because of that.

Personally, I see this as a feature, right up until the point where they STAY turned around for the following turn.

Guards should:

Turn 1: Move to investigation point. Find nothing, turn back towards their post BUT NOT MOVE.

Turn 2: Walk back to their post and stop, still facing the direction they moved.

Turn 3: Turn back to their original facing.*

If the distraction is further out, it should be the following:

Turn 1: Move towards the investigation point. Stop short.

Turn 2: Reach the point, find nothing, turn back.

Turn 3: Walk back towards their post. Stop short.

Turn 4: Reach their post and remain facing away from their usual facing.

Turn 5: Turn back to original position.*

The points labelled with * are what the game is currently missing.

I like this idea of them waiting a turn before they turn around. I'm not saying that they should immediately turn around because then it'd be too tough to sneak around them. but if they turn around the next turn it would make sense. It just doesn't make logical sense for the guard to be stuck in the opposite direction

Archived