Couple questions about agents.

Alright I just bought this game today and i am loving it (nice job klei, you can tackle any genre can't you?) but i am curious about a few of the mechanics. 1) Sniper Rifle guy (i forget his name, i think it is Shalem but i cannot remember), anyway his sniper, is it silenced, does it kill? I have stayed away from him because i don't like to kill people as i feel it will screw me over in the end. 2) Is this game like Don't Starve where you use XP to get characters? I haven't unlocked 1 or 2 i think and i just want to know for future reference. 3) can i get more than 2 agents on a mission? Thanks guys, and keep up the good work Klei.

Shalem's sniper rifle can kill and it also has +1 armor piercing, but I wouldn't imagine it is silenced (haven't used him much yet other than when I rescue him). I always avoid killing until the highest security missions, where I'll have turrets clear out a good sum of the guards. The alarm increase does hurt, but it's much better than dealing with 3 guards hunting for you per room. Although Shalem's taser does have a 5 turn cooldown as opposed to the 3 turn cooldown of the others, which puts me off from starting with him.

Experience is added up when the game is complete (via failure or completion) and when you achieve a new level, you can unlock characters or incognita programs to start a new game with. So far there are four characters/programs to choose for a new game, two of which you unlock for both.

Not that being silenced helps much against guards who wear heart monitors (that would be all of them)

Sometimes you have no choice but to take out the guards permanently. The benefit to a silenced weapon is the rest of the guards in the adjacent rooms don't hear the noise and also come running to fight! 

Sometimes you have no choice but to take out the guards permanently. The benefit to a silenced weapon is the rest of the guards in the adjacent rooms don't hear the noise and also come running to fight! 

It's times like this that make me glad the Joker was more intelligent than the corporations...

Archived