AI activation range

Hi

Anyone knows have far should I be for the AI to run? I mean, if you had a spider\bunnyman farm, how far should I be for them to fight each other?

Thank you

if you are simply deliberately trying for them to always fight, (and picking up the meat drops before the spiders do,) just build them adjacent to each other. if you are trying to not have them deliberately fight, then keep them about four screen lengths apart. That should account for their pathing. 

No, I meant, how far they should be from me. I know that if I am in one end of the map and they are on the onther end, then the AI won't run and there should be no fight. Actually, I build a little farm, as I described, about 4 screens away from my base. Left them 4 days and there was no loot. Only when I'm walking nearby they fight. I want to know this distance, in which the AI runs.

No, I meant, how far they should be from me. I know that if I am in one end of the map and they are on the onther end, then the AI won't run and there should be no fight. Actually, I build a little farm, as I described, about 4 screens away from my base. Left them 4 days and there was no loot. Only when I'm walking nearby they fight. I want to know this distance, in which the AI runs.

Entities "wake" when you get in the loading range, which is relative to your screen size.

I think it's two screens (since that is the area lightning rods cover), but I am not sure.

Entities "wake" when you get in the loading range, which is relative to your screen size.

I think it's two screens (since that is the area lightning rods cover), but I am not sure.

About 3 screens is when they've stopped in my experience. Though that is just an educated guess due to an exploit with the giants I found where if you can distract them near a road and avoid that area, they won't bother you. I have tests that exploit and it does seem to be over 2 screens away.

About 3 screens is when they've stopped in my experience. Though that is just an educated guess due to an exploit with the giants I found where if you can distract them near a road and avoid that area, they won't bother you. I have tests that exploit and it does seem to be over 2 screens away.

Sizes vary based on game platform viewing item. A large screen that's 70 inches may differ from a tablet running this. But overall, you want 3-5 screen lengths or they get too close to your base to be manageable due to constant disruptions.

Archived