where did my smallbird go?

Namlen

so i did a save & exit at daytime in my base, with nothing dangerous in the area, and my smallbird about 2 feet away from me. i logged back in later to find that my smallbird was gone! (but everything else was just as it was when i logged out). what happened? do they simply not save?

i was really fond of my little buddy, and there are no eggs or tallbirds left... he was the last of his kind :(

so i did a save & exit at daytime in my base, with nothing dangerous in the area, and my smallbird about 2 feet away from me. i logged back in later to find that my smallbird was gone! (but everything else was just as it was when i logged out). what happened? do they simply not save?

i was really fond of my little buddy, and there are no eggs or tallbirds left... he was the last of his kind :(

Even if your eggs or tallbirds are gone, it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Tallbirds just respawn, and as long as the nests are still there a tallbird will go back there and will start making a new egg, just wait a while and you'll be able to find yourself some more eggs ;)

i haven't heard his adorable flapping noise, so i assume he's gone, not just invisible. i'll make the long trek to the tallbird area in a few days to see if they've respawned. hopefully i'll be able to get a new little buddy!