How does a Rock Lobster ruin the world?

That's their special ability. They lead you into into a false sense of security. Then BAM they hit you hard rocklobster style.

You are never safe.

(Or has a stealth fix already been implemented?)

You are right! They start spawning again.

Now I don't care I just put them back and let them kill the adults.

You are right! They start spawning again.

Now I don't care I just put them back and let them kill the adults.

It won't matter. You can can keep taking what ever rocklobsters you have above, below ground. Now that they have smelled fresh air, they'll keep coming up.

It won't matter. You can can keep taking what ever rocklobsters you have above, below ground. Now that they have smelled fresh air, they'll keep coming up.

I'm well aware of that, so now I'm raising gun powder just to control the population so that I can just bring new ones down again without getting lagged.

Question: Once they are in their camo mode (turns into rock), when will they come out again?

I'm well aware of that, so now I'm raising gun powder just to control the population so that I can just bring new ones down again without getting lagged.

Question: Once they are in their camo mode (turns into rock), when will they come out again?

It's their defence mechanism. They will come out of it eventually.

Although they never stop spawning, I find it fairly easy to kill a hoard of lobsters by just letting them kill each other. Feeding one rock lobster while it's in its defensive form will permanently prevent it from enter that form again (or is that just me?). They would just stand there and get bashed to death.

When playing as Webber, one T3 spider nest can take down one rock lobster easily as long as you feed your victim at the right time.

Well I can't fault them for focusing mostly on DST, it makes sense for them to do so.

Anyway we already have the mod to fix this problem.

I might try the mod later if my Rock Lobster infestation gets too far out of control in my current world.

I'm quite enjoying watching them fight the Dragonfly for now, which seems to be the only "natural" way of reducing their numbers. Great source of rocks and flint too.

Well, that &*^&*(^&*(^ Dragonfly has a purpose after all :)

Although they never stop spawning, I find it fairly easy to kill a hoard of lobsters by just letting them kill each other. Feeding one rock lobster while it's in its defensive form will permanently prevent it from enter that form again (or is that just me?). They would just stand there and get bashed to death.

When playing as Webber, one T3 spider nest can take down one rock lobster easily as long as you feed your victim at the right time.

Nuke them from orbit Use the Old bell on them. It's the only way to be sure. 

build a wall around the entrance of the cave make sure its big enough (To be save go 20X20) leave one gap inbetween so you can get in and out they can only fit in spaces of 2 wall gaps or more while you can fir through just 1 wall gap. I did this on my other wolrd and it stopped them from spreading and reproducing while always being available if I need some for giant hunting. 

Archived