Everyone needs a Home...Even a Giant

Sometimes during Season its hard to find a Giant. You either dont run into them at all, or you run into them too late, or they surprise you by spawning near your base. Sometimes you even travel the world again just in hopes of finding them to no avail. I was wondering if you could implement a way of tracking the Giants similar to the Koalefant and turn the Predator into the Prey, for those of us who would like to hunt them down for their goodies.

Also, I was thinking what at some point in the game you find or kill a creature in the game and it drops a magic bean (some of you can probably see where Im going with this). You find some special sort of location in the game, or doesnt even matter. Find a nice vacant location and craft a Improved Farm, plant the magic bean, and boom a giant beanstalk appears. You climb it similar to the Cave functionality, and you are in the Land of the Giants, with numerous Giant mobs & other impressive things to gather.

Sometimes during Season its hard to find a Giant. You either dont run into them at all, or you run into them too late, or they surprise you by spawning near your base. Sometimes you even travel the world again just in hopes of finding them to no avail. I was wondering if you could implement a way of tracking the Giants similar to the Koalefant and turn the Predator into the Prey, for those of us who would like to hunt them down for their goodies.

Also, I was thinking what at some point in the game you find or kill a creature in the game and it drops a magic bean (some of you can probably see where Im going with this). You find some special sort of location in the game, or doesnt even matter. Find a nice vacant location and craft a Improved Farm, plant the magic bean, and boom a giant beanstalk appears. You climb it similar to the Cave functionality, and you are in the Land of the Giants, with numerous Giant mobs & other impressive things to gather.

HMM.  THAT SOUNDS KIND OF FAMILIAR.  *COUGH COUGH* UP AND AWAY *HACK HACK.*~

But seriously, cloud realm is patented.  And I don't think a new level just for giants is really neccesary.

HMM.  THAT SOUNDS KIND OF FAMILIAR.  *COUGH COUGH* UP AND AWAY *HACK HACK.*~

But seriously, cloud realm is patented.  And I don't think a new level just for giants is really neccesary.

...am I supposed to know what up and away is? Or cloud realm for that matter

You can't go searching around the map looking for a giant, because that's just not how it works. Giants dont spawn somewhere in the map, they spawn somewhere outside of your screen, so They aren't just roaming the world and happen upon your base, they specifically spawn near you at a random time.

IF YOU WANT A LAND OF ALL GIANTS, START A NEW GAME AND SET EVERY GIANTS SPAWN TO LOTS, WITH ALL THE SEASONS VERY SHORT!

LOTS OF GIANTS!

SO MANY GIANTS!

ALL THE GIANTS!

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

GIANTS.png

Also keep in mind that the land you walk is not your home, it is the Giants home you are but an ant beneath.

If you want a Giant to spawn super badly you can always use the console! (I just did)

Perhaps though, constructively speaking there could be a certain combination of items related to a giant you find in their respective season that you could then combine together in a Chest/Chester to make a special item that summons the giant once. Perhaps that could work. I might make that a mod in the future.

Archived