More problems with rock lobsters

I've completely avoided caves in almost all of my games because of this.  Better to just not bring them up, or give them an exit point out.

I think the last time I went in a cave was in November of last year. :I

I've completely avoided caves in almost all of my games because of this.  Better to just not bring them up, or give them an exit point out.

I think the last time I went in a cave was in November of last year. :I

Problem is that you don't even have to feed them with rocks, they somehow automaticly start following you

That sounds like a bug, which version are you playing? I personally have never had rock lobsters just randomly start following me, nor invade my chesticles for rocks.

this happened after I entered ruins, as I have noticed strange things happens when you enter ruins. And it's newest build. 

I felt bad about having it in my world without ability to get rid of him so I gave myself 9 gunpowder and blew him away. (I know, it's cheating, but I didn't see any other way, I tried to leave him in caves, but he followed me back)

Well, my current game is at day 764. I've been making regular incursions into the caves and since long ago know very well never to befriend rock lobsters, at least not long enough to bring them to the surface. Once you do that your world is on a countdown to overpopulation.

The way to use them is to find a pack, hopefully close to your nearest cave entrance (if they aren't close enough then lure some near it).

When you get the regular attacks from depth dwellers, which I assure you gets quite regular later on, just stand in the center of the nearest pack of lobsters (they congregate in groups of 5). The depth dwellers will ALWAYS attack the closest neutral mob on the screen they spawn next to, and as long as you're between the pack they'll aggravate the lobsters. Usually takes about 30-45 seconds for the lobsters to dispatch the dwellers, leaving you with (by the time dwellers arrive in packs of 3) 12 monster meat and 3 glow berries. That's your fuel generator for moggles, and you won't have nearly as pleasant a time in the ruins unless you're using those. Lanterns or miners hats are freaking harrowing down there. Being able to see past that light radius saves you multiple heart attacks because you can stay out of aggro range from things you'd rather not piss off.

But yeah, absolutely under no circumstances allow them to reach the surface. They are, I suspect, DESIGNED to destroy your world if you allow them to exist on the surface. Maxwell banished them for good reason. 

Just don't discount them entirely, the strategy for depth dwellers I just told you will make your game so much more streamlined and you will thank me when not doing it that way is the real hassle.

Well, my current game is at day 764. I've been making regular incursions into the caves and since long ago know very well never to befriend rock lobsters, at least not long enough to bring them to the surface. Once you do that your world is on a countdown to overpopulation.

The way to use them is to find a pack, hopefully close to your nearest cave entrance (if they aren't close enough then lure some near it).

When you get the regular attacks from depth dwellers, which I assure you gets quite regular later on, just stand in the center of the nearest pack of lobsters (they congregate in groups of 5). The depth dwellers will ALWAYS attack the closest neutral mob on the screen they spawn next to, and as long as you're between the pack they'll aggravate the lobsters. Usually takes about 30-45 seconds for the lobsters to dispatch the dwellers, leaving you with (by the time dwellers arrive in packs of 3) 12 monster meat and 3 glow berries. That's your fuel generator for moggles, and you won't have nearly as pleasant a time in the ruins unless you're using those. Lanterns or miners hats are freaking harrowing down there. Being able to see past that light radius saves you multiple heart attacks because you can stay out of aggro range from things you'd rather not piss off.

But yeah, absolutely under no circumstances allow them to reach the surface. They are, I suspect, DESIGNED to destroy your world if you allow them to exist on the surface. Maxwell banished them for good reason. 

Just don't discount them entirely, the strategy for depth dwellers I just told you will make your game so much more streamlined and you will thank me when not doing it that way is the real hassle.

Here's dangling depth dweller: 185px-Eat_Dweller.png

here's depth wormDepths_Worm.png

Yeah yeah yeah. You know what I meant. Correction noted. Nonetheless that strat just pays dividends at zero effort. Rock lobsters do all the work for you. The key is just keeping them confined to the caves. They don't breed down there for some reason.

Archived