Giants killing their own kind is ANNOYING!

The title speaks for the topic. The Dragonfly and Bearger won't attack their own kind while deerclops and Goose will (I have no idea why, devs, WHY?!). But the problem is that with their hit attacks, Bearger and Dragonfly while hitting a different kind of mob can harm another one of their kind if it's in close range because of their splash damage which would probably make them agroo on each other, so...

Can yoy make it so that:

1) giants don't attack their own kind (Deerclops and ESPECIALLY Goose!!!)

2) make it so that if a giant hits another one of its kind, the second giant (the same kind) would get the damage but would not agroo on the other one because they are the same kind.

And PS make Deerclops Freeze proof, cause Dragonfly is Fire proof and yet it has more health than Deerclops.

Another good reason why giants shouldn't attack their own kind: in komeny182's giants' fight video Goose and derrclops didn't win a single round because they attack their own kind. Sometimes I just hate game logic!

The Goose and Deerclops have AoE attacks, so they will hit anything around themselves including their own kind, which makes sense imo. Dragonfly has the fire AoE attack but since it's fire immune does no damage to their own kind.

But wait a sec, can't there only be one active giant in the game besides putting them on lots? I've never had more than 2 active giants (without spawning them in like the x VS y videos)...

After latest patch giants should despawn when their respective season is over, so unless you set them to Lots you won't ever see them fighting each other again. And if you do set them to Lots - thats your own problem as right now pretty much everything set to lots is gamebreaking (beside some things like Boons).

And NO, please no freeze proof oneeyed guys. Base husslers are already pretty damn annoying, to make them even more so.

Huh? I don't understand...

In the real world, animals of the same species can and will often attack one another over territorial disputes - meerkats, swans, most bird species, for example.

It's more unrealistic that they don't attack one another.

In Don't Starve, the typical way to get what you want is via making something else fight for you. I don't see the problem.

Also, how often do people have multiple giants on-screen? I doubt you would unless you've set them to lots, I'm guessing... In that case, there'll be plenty more.

Yeah, but I.ean if they do. Come on! We already have Spiders not attacking frogs, while frogs don't attack chester, while spiders do... And it's all a stupif game logic. Yes, I know, animals will attack each other ever so often, but because this nerfs your character's need to worry about it and makes komeny182 arenas unbalanced (love dem arenas, but the stupid mechanical game logic spoils it all for me, no wonder deerclopses always fall down first).

But what you should also note is that referring a bit of logic is that if they constantly kill their own kind they basically are extinct. An no, don't throw at me "well the mother spawner always gives them life". No. The game must have some sense in it. We already have wild smallbirds and wild smallish tallbirds (I think) so lets stop relying on spawning theory and think about it logically in terms of population and stuff...

I dunmo what I'm talking about anymore but you get the point. If giants hit each other with AoE attacks on accident fine, kill each other for all I care, but the fact that they agroo their own kind because they like to crush things: like where's the logic in that?

What's Goose's problem anyway? It raises 6 mostlings that are supposedly growing into Mooses just so they can kill each other? Too much game logic! WAY too much game logic.

And I think I'm the only one bothered by this :(

I fail to see why YouTube videos matter to the game so much - all they do is highlight "if ____ and _____ were to be in a fight, who'd win?"

In this case, it's not Moose or Deerclops.

Species typically don't go extinct because of this due to the loser fleeing, resulting in better territory for the victor... Typically, they don't fight to the death - however, injury may occur which could result in death. Take the examples I listed before ;)

There's game logic to make it just that - a game! :D

People, more often than not, play games as an escape from reality; they're more fun (sometimes)! To make it such, game logic is entirely necessary.

Take a look at Zelda! A red tunic that makes you invulnerable to overheating, and a blue tunic which makes you impervious to water? It makes no sense in the real world, but Zelda would be lost without those items. Nintendo has made their money through game logic, so why can't Klei? :)

Not to be rude or mean, but I think you may be correct in your last statement - at least on the forums. :/

However, Hakuna Matata! Play the game instead of focusing on how unfair it is that Deerclops and Moose keep losing in the arena. :)

I said it already in a couple of other threads raising game's logic problem and I'll say it here - DS has its own weird logic (blame it on Maxwell if you want). Learn to live by it as you don't have much of a choice. Devs here are really nice guys that often implement things community wants, but they surely will not obey our every whim. And this Arena thing is obviously one of many secondary whims some people here have. Sorry if that sounded harsh.

Archived