Dying in summer

Hi,

Dying and reviving with a touchstone in summer is a real pain... You start to overheat after like 15 seconds and there is nothing easy to do with basic materials to cool down.

In summer you can just pick nearest twig/grass and make a torch, then burn stuff on the way.

The only way I found to not die is to stand next to a tree, but that just prevent damage, and as soon as you go away your start overheating in a few seconds.

Some screens (I managed to get away this time, at the cost of 2 touchstones) :

post-390486-0-79935100-1402514830_thumb.

post-390486-0-21990600-1402514881_thumb.

Are there any other alternatives ? :grin:

I try to keep an endothermic fire ready to place now though.

Hi,

Dying and reviving with a touchstone in summer is a real pain... You start to overheat after like 15 seconds and there is nothing easy to do with basic materials to cool down.

In summer you can just pick nearest twig/grass and make a torch, then burn stuff on the way.

The only way I found to not die is to stand next to a tree, but that just prevent damage, and as soon as you go away your start overheating in a few seconds.

attachicon.gifScreenshot-1.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot-3.png

Are there any other alternatives ? :grin:

An Ice box at the touchstone with a pre-frozen  thermal stone / ice cube, an endothermic fire pit near the touchstone,  a backpack with a summer frest, luxury fan, and chilled amulet, or all of these. 

An Ice box at the touchstone with a pre-frozen  thermal stone / ice cube, an endothermic fire pit near the touchstone,  a backpack with a summer frest, luxury fan, and chilled amulet, or all of these. 

Yeah sure a nice little welcoming base near the touchstone is probably the best way, but I'm too lazy for this :D

dying is real pain you kow? Try and you'll see. Don't do it!

You have a point. I'll not die anymore :)

Anyway, need an endothermic torch and nitre lying on the ground :D

Yeah sure a nice little welcoming base near the touchstone is probably the best way, but I'm too lazy for this :grin:

You have a point. I'll not die anymore :-)

Anyway, need an endothermic torch and nitre lying on the ground :grin:

i was too lazy before...until during winter, i dead 5 times cause i never make base close to it...It's very painfull... so much...

i dont use touchstones and effigies but i have iceboxes around the map for summer exploring and other activities.

the icebox is really cheap by the way and you get the gear back if you break it down so it doesnt matter at all.

Archived