Ice boxes produce ice! An idea that in my opinion wouldn't be too overpowered, and yet also very handy. For those going through summer, ice is the most essential item in the game, it's the only way you can actually move around for a good ammount of time during the day. Now I don't mean that ice spawns all the time, but perhaps during winter, (or spring, whenever it's coldest in the game really) ice will begin to randomly appear in iceboxes. I mean it's not that unrealistic either, condensation inside freezers often turn to ice if the freezer is cold enough, and if it only spawned 1-2 ice every couple of days, you'd have plenty for an ice flingomatic to defend your main base and chests from destruction, and at the same time enough for an ice cube hat to wear.

Any feedback and suggestions is greatly appreciated as I'd very much like to see this in the game, and I'd imagine quite a few others would too

Well if you've got multiple farms, for example I have a berry bush farm, and a sapling farm (I've had to add others to these due to summer) and that means I need 2 seperate ice flingomatics, one for each farm, I also need one for my main base with my chests so they also don't go alight, in total that took up 45 ice, plus 10 ice for a ice cube hat. Now if you are unlucky like me and don't run into any naturally spawning icebergs then you're really stuck with ice. I mean I can't make anything new, I also can't expland, not to mention that my icecube needs refueling through summer. Having ice spawn periodically is a nice thing as this will provide enough ice for refueling an icecube through summer, or even making more ice flingomatics

I like the idea because it makes sense based on what happens in real life. I would suggest that for every empty slot in an Ice Box, one Ice spawns every 5 days. Granted this would be very convenient (I dislike convenient suggestions for Don't Starve) so I can't say it would be a good idea unless you add to your suggestion to make it less exploitable.

What's stopping me from building multiple Ice Boxes and literally farming Ice?

but every time pengulls spawn you got 5-6 icebergs so it's 20-24 ice per pengull spawn....

Yup... there are regular ice glaciers that spawn, and then there are glaciers that spawn with pengulls. Never had a problem getting ice as I just walk around the edges of the map during winter and get new pengull nests going.

Well currently I've got 6 ice flingomatics, now this might just be because summer is sort of broken right now with smoldering I think (or I'm yet to find an effective way of defending a large area of land from the sun). However how about instead of 1 ice spawning in a spare slot, you have 1 ice spawns in 1 slot that is open and no more slots, that way you could get 1 ice  every, say 15 days, and it shouldn't be too conviencent. Besides, if you make it for winter & spring only, it would be very **** to farm since if you make say 15 ice boxes you'd only get a total of 30 ice per year, so not a huge ammount. Now personally I only ever build 3 iceboxes since I don't store more food than that in one go, so in total, each year I'd get 6 ice, if I took 1 iceberg, giving me 4 ice, I'd have 10 ice, enough to make an ice cube, and also make a few iceflingomatics. Now the idea only came to me when I was only get around 45 ice per winter, limiting me to either make 3 ice flingomatics, or 1 icecube and 2 ice flingomatics, a problem for me as I have each season set to long, thus making summer a long time away, and also limiting the ammount of farms I can make.

Archived