Poison Birchnut Tree Yields

On the Don't Starve Wiki it says that a Poison Birchnut Tree yields 3 Birchnuts and 2 Living Logs in addition to one from the stump and some nightmare fuel.  I have fought a few and I have only received 1 living log (the stump is a normal log) and no nightmare fuel.  Has there been a change in the yield of these trees that I was just unaware of and that the Wiki hasn't changed? Thanks in advance!

the nightmare fuel is optional and the stump give living log only when you kill it very quickly after it spawn(that's because of a bug)

What are the odds of nightmare fuel? And how quick is quick to receive that final log?

The nightmare fuel part was probably just dumb luck for me.

The log part is rather strange, then again it has been a few updates (well more like hotfixes) since i have killed one.

I actually just killed 2 more birch guards... no fuel.  I got 2 logs though (one from the kill and one from the stump)

Didn't the devs say you could get nightmare fuel on a full moon or something like that? Not sure if it was the Poison Birchnuts or something else tho.

no, the nightmare fuel thing is that in full moon, merm spikes and pig spikes loot one nightmare fuel when hammered...

Archived