Spelunking help!

I am playing as Wigfrid and I wanna know how well she works in caves, especially getting to the ruins.

So the questions are the following :

How do I prevent Bunnymen aggro while carrying meat with you?

With restrictions from eating non-meat based foods, what food will I bring? 

What equipment should I consider bringing with me?

How do I managed my sanity? I am a little worried about Hallucination attacks and I have a little encounter with them so I'm not an experienced against hallucinations.

Also, How many turrets can I build? And finally does "Nightmare phase" stop when I am in the overworld?

Also off topic : Before I build traps, does resetting them require you to have some materials? Or is it free?

Thanks!

I am playing as Wigfrid and I wanna know how well she works in caves, especially getting to the ruins.

How do I prevent Bunnymen aggro while carrying meat with you?

You can't prevent them from attacking you if you are carrying the meat youtself. What I would do is wait until they are in their house, hammer them down one by one and kill them one by one until you have cleared a path. That will also provide you with some meat along the way.

With restrictions from eating non-meat based foods, what food will I bring? 

Jerkys are pretty good for spelunking overall. They restore a decent amount of health and sanity while feeding you. If you have an insulated pack, they will last really long.

What equipment should I consider bringing with me?

Miner's hat is a must have especially for early caving. For late game caving, you can have moggles which can only be refueled with glow berries. Consider bringing food, essential supplies (flint, twigs, grass, logs), tam'o'shanter (sanity restoration) and seasonal clothing. Don't forget weapon and armor!

How do I managed my sanity? I am a little worried about Hallucination attacks and I have a little encounter with them so I'm not an experienced against hallucinations.

As Wigfrid, you can restore your sanity by killing stuff (and that even heals you!), which makes it even easier. Kill some spiders, they respawn quite fast. Jerkys will also help, as well as tam'o'shanter if you have one.

Also, How many turrets can I build? And finally does "Nightmare phase" stop when I am in the overworld?

You can build 1 Houndius Shootius per cave, since there is only 1 ancient guardian in each ruins (provided you have enough deerclops eyeballs).

As for the nightmare cycle, I think it will keep going, so you don't know a priori in which phase the cycle is before going down. I suggest you find a shadow fissure in the cave. As soon as you see it turn off, then you know it is safe to go down in the ruins. A thulecite medallion is also helpful to tell you in which phase of the cycle you are.

Also off topic : Before I build traps, does resetting them require you to have some materials? Or is it free?

By traps I'm guessing you are refering to tooth traps (since they are the only traps that you can reset). You don't need any materials to reset them, but they lose 10% durability each time they activate if I remember correctly.

Thanks!

You are welcome!

I have 2 golden rules when I go spelunking and they are really simple:

1) The priority when exploring a cave for the first time is to find a place where I can gather a bunch of light bulb to refuel a miner's hat.

2) Take my time and know my limits. There is no shame in going back up on the surface if I feel like I am about to run out of something essential for my survival in the caves. It is better to take more time to explore than dying while trying to rush it.

1How do I prevent Bunnymen aggro while carrying meat with you?

2With restrictions from eating non-meat based foods, what food will I bring? 

3What equipment should I consider bringing with me?

4How do I managed my sanity? I am a little worried about Hallucination attacks and I have a little encounter with them so I'm not an experienced against hallucinations.

5Also, How many turrets can I build? And finally does "Nightmare phase" stop when I am in the overworld?

6Also off topic : Before I build traps, does resetting them require you to have some materials? Or is it free?/ fire burning traps

Thanks!

1. Chester is usefull or just kill them...(or avoid them...the only time they can be a treat is when you find the bunnymen village, set piece)

2.Jerky is very usefull for her, health sanity etc

3. Cave/ruins: always have lantern/ miner hat, before going to the ruins, farm the snurtle/slurtle to get the shell armor(and get explosive), youre battle spears, food and pickaxe(shovel is useless and axe too for wigfried because shrooms are useless) and you're ready! (dont forget to prebuild fire/pits)

4.Sanity is not the problem in ruins, even with full sanity you will be attacked by shadow monsters...(and with wigfried just eat jerky or kill some spiders)

5. What turrets are you talking about? Nightmare phase switches with calm phases, it's alternative...

6.traps do not require ressources to reset them but they have 10 uses. Fire do not burn traps, that's why you can use trap fields for fire hounds

Archived