Don't Starve - Suggest a Mob!

Hello Everyone,

I find Don't Starve to be one of my most favorite games to play on my free time. I love how this game has rabbits, frogs, pigs, buffaloes (beefalo), spiders, etc.

I wish there to be more diversity in the mobs however.

Here are some of my ideas for mobs: (feel free to post your own)

Squirrels: Runs up trees when frightened (much like rabbit into rabbit hole). If the tree is chopped down the squirrel runs to another tree, can be baited with seeds (drops morsel)

Mammoths: Large Creatures. Travels in groups (Like Beefalos). Very High Health and Damage, Slow Speed. Drops LOTS of meat. Great to kill for winter.

Deer: VERY quick and VERY scared, can be captured with a snare, and killed for meat and fur.

Bear: Highly Aggressive with large HP and Damage, Can be slowed with a snare, Drops Fur and Meat if killed. (Hibernate during the winter in caves)

Snakes: Can be captured by trap or by hand. (If captured by hand, it will poison the player delivering 20 points of damage to health over time) Gives Monster Meat, or Snake Gland (Heal Regent).

Submit your ideas for mobs!

Thanks for Reading!

-Octavio

Squirrels would be an awesome addition to Don't Starve. Did you know they are also known as Tree Rats? That would be my suggestion; A Tree Rat. Personally there are too many ways to get meat from easy sources. I would prefer it drops 1-2 Birchnut.

Mammoths or an adult version of the Koalefent. Someone had an awesome image of that somewhere on this forum.

I like the Deer idea. Anything that adds more life to Don't Starve is a definite yes.

Bears I doubt will be added in. We have the Bearger giant so that covers bears/badgers. Unless Klei decide to make smaller bears I don't know.

Snakes are good. I think I came up with the name Snakonda (snake/anaconda) found in Marsh Biomes.

Over all I like your ideas.

I wish there was some sort of vulture bird that is always on the look out for things on the ground such as useless and valuable things like rot or things it can use to make nests. So you have to actively be picking up rot if you need it instead of it lying on the ground everywhere.

Also a dung beetle, yeah thats right a beetle who's only mission is to go around and steal poop. This would be a challenge because then its harder to obtain fertilizer. Killing them would give you something, not sure what I haven't put much further thought into it. 

I wish there was some sort of vulture bird that is always on the look out for things on the ground such as useless and valuable things like rot or things it can use to make nests. So you have to actively be picking up rot if you need it instead of it lying on the ground everywhere.

Also a dung beetle, yeah thats right a beetle who's only mission is to go around and steal poop. This would be a challenge because then its harder to obtain fertilizer. Killing them would give you something, not sure what I haven't put much further thought into it.

Have you played RoG yet? Buzzards come close to vultures.

Edit: a dung beetle would be great!

Mammoth, deer and bears all have similar or hybrids of those animals already. I don't think they would fit considering Koalphant, Deerclops and Bearger.

I like the idea of squirrels, though! They could bury birchnuts and pinecones to plant more trees by themselves.

Lizards:

They would stay in boulders during summer (And despawn during other season) And if you come to close they run away insanely fast!

They eat food close to boulders and if you kill them they drop rot!

(Good for unwanted food to be rot, but catch them would be hard)

Mammoth, deer and bears all have similar or hybrids of those animals already. I don't think they would fit considering Koalphant, Deerclops and Bearger.

I like the idea of squirrels, though! They could bury birchnuts and pinecones to plant more trees by themselves.

Squirrels would be an awesome addition to Don't Starve. Did you know they are also known as Tree Rats? That would be my suggestion; A Tree Rat. Personally there are too many ways to get meat from easy sources. I would prefer it drops 1-2 Birchnut.

Mammoths or an adult version of the Koalefent. Someone had an awesome image of that somewhere on this forum.

I like the Deer idea. Anything that adds more life to Don't Starve is a definite yes.

Bears I doubt will be added in. We have the Bearger giant so that covers bears/badgers. Unless Klei decide to make smaller bears I don't know.

Snakes are good. I think I came up with the name Snakonda (snake/anaconda) found in Marsh Biomes.

Over all I like your ideas.

Thanks for your Feedback guys! Im glad you enjoy my Squirrel Idea, You all have great ideas. Keep em comin'

Lizards:

They would stay in boulders during summer (And despawn during other season) And if you come to close they run away insanely fast!

They eat food close to boulders and if you kill them they drop rot!

(Good for unwanted food to be rot, but catch them would be hard)

Very interesting, although i dont think dropping rot would be a good idea. I would think they have a chance of dropping seeds, berries, or nothing. Perhaps, after you begin to mine a rock, they shoot out of the rock if they are inhabitant.

Archived